Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am building my d15b this summer with the vitara/tt combo and I was looking around and seeing all these guys maked over 400 whp on the vitaras but it seems that's all at least 100 octane. Could you expect to reasonably make 350 whp on pump gas? Also I know most of you will probably say, "it depends on the tune" but let's assume I've got a decent tuner working on it...can you make 350 whp on pump gas safely with a good tune?

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Hmm, you might want to reconsider your build of using the TT's and Vitara's in a D15B block. The pistons will stick out of the head a bit since the D15 deck height is shorter than that of the D16. For that, I'd suggest finding a D16 block and crank for the bottom end. Once that is done, on a good tune, you could probably manage 350 w/ a really good tune on 93 octane.

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Yeah there are some other options. For example I will be using H22 Type S pistons in my H23 build and they are going to stick out of the hole .019. I can take care of this one of 2 ways or a combo of both. The first option would be to bore the periphery of the combusion chambers to allow for the clearance or use a thicker head gasket.

For my build, I am going to double up on the head gasket, which is .030 and then have the priphery bored .010. I figure that should take care of any issues and will clay it to be sure. I just have to make sure when I do it I have atleast .010 clearance between my valves and piston at my maximum cam gear adjustment.

·
Banned
598 Posts
bump for you...
doing the same build...
shooting for 275
i'll be using a y8 headgasket and putting a low rpm limit on it

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yea, i'll keep it at around 7100 and use that 75.5 mm cometic headgasket....maybe .045" or .051". I guess the thicker the gasket the lower the compression so it's not that bad, especially for boost.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yea, i was looking at the tuner toys website and they have the cometic at .051" so I think i'll do that one. I shouldn't have a problem with the 75.5 mm headgasket should I? Also, has anyone built the d15b over 300 whp yet?

Edit: Would you also want to keep the revs at about 7100 and below?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts