Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello then name is matt

looking for u guys to help me out .. im building a d16z6 and looking for 350 to 400 hp at the tire

i have a lil $ to play with

sleving the block at this pt is out of the question

i have a xs power turbo kit with a greddy fmic a.r 50 trim shitty piping and 680 fuel injector clan injectors and a motorola 2.5 bar map

have no clue what the motor makes now its on 10 psi tuned by me on s300 withmy aem wideband and a lot of street tuning !

this is what i had in mind for the setup let me know what u think.. will be buying all this this week aslong as u guys thinks its a good build list

cp pistons 9:0:! comp

crower rods

bc stage 2 turbo cam

matching springs and retainers

mild port work by me

sendng stock crank to be cut and miced for bearings

oem hondata head gasket

going to a omni power 4 bar map

and maybe going to rc 750cc inj
what do u guys think i can make on a max of like 20 -22 ps for strip and 15 ish for street

thankls alot matt

·
Registered
195 Posts
I kept reading that those "50 trim ebays" are really 44trim. I can't remember what hp people pushed them too, but i think it was around 320ish. Why don't you go with some vitaras and no cams and buy a better manifold and turbo? If you have the shiny one that is.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
hello then name is matt

Vitaras

crower rods
FJD I beams

bc stage 2 turbo cam
Delta 252-272
Don't need
mild port work by me
Good
Why?

oem hondata head gasket
OEM Honda will do fine or full rebuild kit from FJD

EBay will get you the best deal 125.00 shipped

what do u guys think i can make on a max of like 20 -22 ps for strip and 15 ish for street

Only thing I have additional to what I listed is a Edelbrock intake mani and precision 880's. I am making mid 300's with a shity ebay turbo which has blown seals at 20psi. Invest in a real turbo. Second hand or from Go-auto(best possible merchant out there)
Go the cheaper and proven route. You still have to think of catchcan setup and Dyno tune time. Street tuning is cool if you don't have another option but a Dyno tune with a real tuner is priceless.

·
Registered
525 Posts
DON'T cut the crank. Just mic it, do the math, and use OEM bearings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
im running a xs power turbo ar 50 cold side ar 63 hot and its sup to be 57 trim but they measure out to be 45 trim but at 11.5 psi on my stock a6 i made 220 whp and 201 ft lbs tq on turbo edit running 13.7s in the quarter bumped it up to 14 psi and now running 12.89s on both numbers i was on slicks.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
hello then name is matt

if you have the money, hell yeah

crower rods
if you have the money hell yeah

bc stage 2 turbo cam
nice cam

if you want to make use of the cam and rev above stock limit sure

mild port work by me
will get the job done

why cut the crank?? has it spun a rod bearing?? just get a good used crank, get it micropolished, and your golden

oem hondata head gasket
hondata isnt oem, just get a felpro mls

get a gm 3 bar

who knows until its on the dyno

thankls alot matt
if you have money to spend, you can eliminate some of the things you have listed, and get a decent turbo/manifold

i just dont understand why you cheaped out on a turbo kit, and then get a s300.. but your somewhat on the right track

1 - 14 of 14 Posts