Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has them laying around and they plug into the Honda harness and have a high resistance to them. The only thing I'm seeing having trouble with is the top injector o-ring is way to thick and I can't run a oem o-ring because the grove is too tall. The Bottom has a small o-ring on it and it fits somewhat snug into the stock Honda lower o-ring, are there other options for lower o-rings or should I just try sticking them inside the stock o-ring?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
if everthing fits and lines up on the rail, just get some viton orings from the parts store and try it. Use die electric grease or vaseline on the orings.

now, Im sure you know you will have to tune for these injectors..

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if everthing fits and lines up on the rail, just get some viton orings from the parts store and try it. Use die electric grease or vaseline on the orings.

now, Im sure you know you will have to tune for these injectors..
I think I almost need a square cut o ring for the top because of the odd size it will need to be. The lowers I'm a little curious about. I tune my self I was running cbr954 injectors before but I ran out of injector.

I want to see where this goes. I've got a vr6 being parted out. Wander if they would fit. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
These are out of a 1.8t idk if the vr6s run the same injector.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some measuring and looks like I need some 14mm to 11mm adapters for the top so I got some k-tuned ones off eBay for 27 and I have to wait for them to show up. My solution for the lowers at the moment is to super glue the gti o ring inside the oem lower injector seal. We will see how that works out.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update... I just found some seals on eBay they are 8mm id 21mm od and 6mm thick. This should make a perfect lower seal.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,867 Posts
good work, at the begining of this thread i was like, man why doesnt this guy just order orings with the proper id, od and lengh. then i started reading about superglue (it dries hard and will just crack on rubber, you would be better using gasket maker) and i was like, man this guy is an idiot, and now i see you ordered the propper part for the job.
+rep for you

just make sure what ever type of rubber it is, its safe to use with gas products.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good work, at the begining of this thread i was like, man why doesnt this guy just order orings with the proper id, od and lengh. then i started reading about superglue (it dries hard and will just crack on rubber, you would be better using gasket maker) and i was like, man this guy is an idiot, and now i see you ordered the propper part for the job.
+rep for you

just make sure what ever type of rubber it is, its safe to use with gas products.
Thanks? Lol I wanted to just get proper o rings but the local parts stores have nothing and can't get anything. I'm still playing with the super glue out of curiosity. I have seen glue made to glue/fuse rubber together for things like this.

I have not ordered the lower seals yet as I'm running out of cash fast buying all the little things. I'll get them ordered Friday regardless of my super glue results.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have been in the car for a week using super glue and they are still together. I spilled a crap load of gas on them trying to get my top hats to seal and no matter how hard Ive pushed on them they have not fallen apart. I used the gorilla superglue if that makes a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts