Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone I been researching on this site for a while and finally got some money saved up to start my build. I have a complete y8 swap that just needs rings. I wanna use that block because it has a block guard, new water pump, and oil pump so I figured its a good foundation and just use my z6 head. Im aiming for 300 HP and wanna use the turbo to make the power because I don't wanna fully build this engine so here come the questions.
1.I have a garrett turbo .42 a/r .48 build needs a new turbine shaft and compressor wheel and of course seals. Should I rebuild it and use that? Priced it at 250 with eBay seals and garrett turbine shaft and compressor wheel but I just feel like in the end its a eBay turbo. Or should I just buy a bigger eBay turbo( like I said don't wanna spend a fortune on this build)
2. What size injectors would I need to hit the 300hp mark and not have the injectors maxed out?
3. With pistons, rods, injectors, big turbo and log manifold would I be able to hit 300?

Thanks in advanced for the help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link I read it before but did answer my injectors question after reading it again. Any input on the turbo question? To rebuild or not to rebuild

·
Registered
95 Civic CX
81 Posts
selling turbo for $250 and you still gotta get it rebuilt?(though i see you have all thats needed for a full rebuild) damn pricey $.$ but thats just me

with the .42/.48, squeezing out 250 should be possible but turbo seems to "die off" around 6000 rpms. 300 out of this turbo doesnt seem achievable unless your gonna push the turbo past its limits

300 without building it wont last too long. anything over 250 i'd recommend rebuilding with better internals just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for the injectors check this out --> Injector Size Calculator
great link man thanks

selling turbo for $250 and you still gotta get it rebuilt?(though i see you have all thats needed for a full rebuild) damn pricey $.$ but thats just me

with the .42/.48, squeezing out 250 should be possible but turbo seems to "die off" around 6000 rpms. 300 out of this turbo doesnt seem achievable unless your gonna push the turbo past its limits

300 without building it wont last too long. anything over 250 i'd recommend rebuilding with better internals just to be on the safe side
sorry i think i worded it wrong i already have the turbo, the parts to rebuild it come out to 250 but yea i figured it would be too small....what size do you think would be good for 300 without pushing it to its limit? and yea i wanna do vitara pistons but havent decided what rods to get. i actually wanted to be around 8.5 compression to sorta make up for the lag of the bigger turbo

·
Registered
852 Posts
Why not purchase from the classifieds here? Someone had a Garrett t3/t4 50 trim in good cobdition for $325 shipped...it will be much better than a cheap Ebay turbo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O and another question will the stock pcv system be able to hold the 300 safely or will I need a catch can setup?

·
Registered
95 Civic CX
81 Posts
Why not purchase from the classifieds here? Someone had a Garrett t3/t4 50 trim in good cobdition for $325 shipped...it will be much better than a cheap Ebay turbo.
OP doesnt have enough posts to view classifieds

I would shy away from ebay turbos. I've rocked one and it didnt last as long as I hoped but its your car/money so w/e lol

·
Registered
852 Posts
D'oh, forgot about that.

As for the PCV, I gutted my PCV valve and ran a line pointed towards the ground. Same with the valve cover breather, just a line pointing to the ground

·
Registered
114 Posts
you dont wanna drip oil onto the ground..... bad for people at the tracks... at least use some kinda can to catch all that junk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts