Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic EX 4dr
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to the conclusion that Im going to go with 3" ebay piping and get a 3" muffler. Assuming both are chambered, which is quieter? And how would I attach it? I mean, there is welding but if both metals arent stainless, they cant be welded...so I was wondering how vbolt clamps work and if thats an option

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I mure the 3'' ws2 is a straight though design. But between the two I'll go for magnaflow as it's cheaper and a lot smaller compare to the big 3" ws2 muffler. And I have weld stainless steel to mild steel without any problems.

·
Registered
1997 Civic EX 4dr
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm...I just want as quiet as possible for a 3" exhaust as I can. and can someone explain how vbolt clamps work anyway? I dont stick with one idea for long at all and usually change stuff on the car (ie, new mufflers). I go through wheels and exhausts like theyre goin out of style so with a vbolt clamp, wouldnt it be easier to switch a muffler?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^agreed, i have a WS2 on mine, but it is the full cat back and damn does it sound nice...

·
Registered
1997 Civic EX 4dr
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
v-bolt clamps are nice but expensive.
for quietness id got with wsII and an 18" resonator or cherrybomb.
Hmmm...not entirely sure how vbolts work...is a vbolt a possibility? it seems like most time ive seen them used, the 2 things being clamped together have a lip on them

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
if your on the cheap you can get those u shaped bolt and a short pipe like a 16th or an 8th bigger than 3 inches at oreillys and clamp it. some people hate those clamps with a passion but the have held up on my maro quite nicely... i think i have 2 and 3/4 exhausts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a ws2 catback and i fucking love it. it isnt all high pitched, loud, and ricey sounding.. but instead deep, low, and somewhat quiet. I noticed flow/power increase on my fully stock ej1.Love this pipe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts