Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 92 hb with a jdm d15b with a P08 ecu and i was wondering if my car had 3 stage vtec?? and how to know if its working ???

thank you for your time

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
3 stage vtec's usually have HONDA on the valve cover not "vtec" and they have 2 solenoids look behind the valve cover/distributor area you'll see either one or 2 cylinder shaped things sticking up.

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
3 stage vtec's usually have HONDA on the valve cover not "vtec" and they have 2 solenoids look behind the valve cover/distributor area you'll see either one or 2 cylinder shaped things sticking up.
i only have one vtec solenoid

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
it doesnt really suck if you want to go fast. the 3 stage system is more for fuel economy, and doesnt have the tuning options of the normal single stage vtec

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
that sucks :( hahaha but anyways i finally got my engine running like it should...

i wanna stay N/A whats good investment u recommend so i can go faster
its good that you dont have the 3stage vtec.

as for going fast and staying n/a. they arent really synonymous with one another for our lil motors.

what fast means to you is what really matters, let us know your goals for the car and we can help lead you in the right direction.

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
its better that you didnt get the 3 stage not only for future mods but people that usually get them burn out their vtec solenoid since they dont get the proper ecu which is usually around $500 for a manual so they constantly have the first solenoid powered which leads to the burnout.

i believe the 3 stage can be a great performance motor theres just no support but if there was everyone can great mileage too but i guess they are bad for emmisions since lean burn mode usually creates lots of nox

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
that sucks :( hahaha but anyways i finally got my engine running like it should...

i wanna stay N/A whats good investment u recommend so i can go faster
No seriously it does'ent, you should be thanking your'self for some reason??:3dtard:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts