Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just got a 3 row 1/2 radiator for my EG. will upgrade the single row o rylies radiator. i will soon install it but i will also go to with a ebay turbonetics t3t4 kit with a cast iron exhaust manifold.
the manifold. i will install the turbo kit later when i get my injectors pump and ecu and other turbo parts.

will 3 row radiator fit? with my slim fan ? if i install my turbokit later???

other question is that what is the oem honda fan push or pull?
i will have to wire up my slim fan with the harness.
i need help to install the wires does the wires matter if i soder the wires to the harness??

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd use a set of bullet connectors. Some fans aren't meant to be run backwards and you need to pull the center C clip of and flip the blade over. You get more space for the turbo if you run it as a pusher but more efficient as a puller. While your at it do yourself a favor and buy a turbo blanket. It will keep the engine bay cooler, keep heat in the exhaust to keep the gas velocity up and make the turbo spool quicker. I personally saw mine old turbo start spooling over 500 rpms sooner with the blanket. It's a great $60 investment.

Also be sure when your ready to bolt the turbo on you already have money/time for a great tune.

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'd use a set of bullet connectors. Some fans aren't meant to be run backwards and you need to pull the center C clip of and flip the blade over. You get more space for the turbo if you run it as a pusher but more efficient as a puller. While your at it do yourself a favor and buy a turbo blanket. It will keep the engine bay cooler, keep heat in the exhaust to keep the gas velocity up and make the turbo spool quicker. I personally saw mine old turbo start spooling over 500 rpms sooner with the blanket. It's a great $60 investment.

Also be sure when your ready to bolt the turbo on you already have money/time for a great tune.

cool man great tip.

ok i just installed the wire harness the blue and black wire was same to the original harness. it worked. im sure its pulling like the oem style fan? i will look into getting a turbo blanket i saw those online b4. but do those things affect the turbo like if the seals blow if the turbo gets too hot??? or something like that? would the blanket affect the prolong life of the turbo itself? someone told me that at a car meet once if i put a turbo blanket on the turbo. i saw one guy that had on on his EK. but another guy said it would affect the prolong life using a turbo blanket? is that true?

·
Registered
92 eagle talon awd
6 Posts
It's true wrapping exhaust parts does decrease longevity. That being said how much it decreases in the real world depends on a few different things. It will help with spool up and decrease under hood temps, is your turbo water cooled?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would think the blanket itself might even prolong the life of the turbo since it is holding in the heat it would cause the hot side to cool down at a slower rate after shutdown which should reduce the chance of cracking the turbine housing. (I could be wrong on that)

but i know first hand that you will cut down on the life of mild steel headers if you wrap them because they will exceed there molecular working temp and can/ will start to get brittle and crumble quickly.

The best option is to run a turbo blanket and wrap your down pipe (down pipe gets nowhere near as hot as turbo or the header). Also if you wrap any parts use the silicone sealant spark to keep moisture out.

·
Premium Member
street
31 Posts

wow never knew a turbo blanket could help with quicker spooling

1 - 8 of 8 Posts