Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

I built a high CR D16Z6 NA engine.

So it is leaking oil AGAIN, and I decided to clean it and put baby powder on it to see exactly where it is.

Azure Gesture Finger Font Automotive tire

Note - the leak is between the top and bottom part of the solenoid, and the main expensive rubber gasket with mesh is replaced.
I am kinda sure I can solve Leak 1 unscrewing the solenoid top and polishing surfaces/adding sealant.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

Note that I changed distributors O-ring seal to a Honda one. And note that the distributor itself is dry.
Maybe leak 2 could be from a sensor bolt? But, isn't that the coolant temperature one?

Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Electrical wiring

I got no idea how oil even gets there, but it was the first place it started seeping through.

I hope with your help I can resolve this before the spring comes and stop leaving dots of oil!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Hood

Bonus picture - my very leaky, but wide RT4wd civic wagon!

· Registered
10,091 Posts
Take the starter out and use a light and a mirror to check the rear main. If the bellhousing and rear of the engine block is nice and dry, your leak is likely topside residue.

Depending on crankcase ventilation, could be as simple as a valvecover blowing a whisper of oil out and re-sealing.

· Registered
237 Posts
I had the same leak on my vtak solenoid. It ended up riding the head-block crack down to the tranny just like you. If it's still leaking at the solenoid then I'd be willing to bet that's the oil you're seeing on the tranny. Make sure you get both gaskets sealed on that solenoid before you suspect the main seal.

Here's what mine looked like:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Automotive wheel system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts