Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Considering running a inline 3" exhaust butterfly valve. The goes is to reduce idle noise and partial throttle / highway drone. To be triggered by an auxiliary output by my hondata based on TPS and / or RPM

Would like something that is high quality, Fail open and voltage to close design. ideally have the butterfly slightly smaller then the exhaust ID so its not completely restrictive

Ideas anyone?

Lyle

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got something similar to that. Just a butterfly valve about 10 inches from the exhaust housing but will a 2psi actuator on it that swings open on boost. It's glorious.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Hey guys,

Considering running a inline 3" exhaust butterfly valve. The goes is to reduce idle noise and partial throttle / highway drone. To be triggered by an auxiliary output by my hondata based on TPS and / or RPM

Would like something that is high quality, Fail open and voltage to close design. ideally have the butterfly slightly smaller then the exhaust ID so its not completely restrictive

Ideas anyone?

Lyle
You could put an inline electric cutout between two flanges. Usually theyre done on a Y but you could easily do it inline

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Theyre lock in last failure mode though

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,515 Posts
Why not a simple stepped down exhaust system????

No power loss, less drone, better EGV/scavenging.

·
Registered
A Captiva Blue Si Ha
73 Posts
I am running a full mandrel bent 2.5 inch exhaust with a bisi header, vibrant 12 inch resonator, magnaflow 18 in resonator and magnaflow 5x8 oval end muffler and honestly its one the quite side when youre putting around, but it gets loud when you get on it and has that typical resonance at 4000 rpm and heavy loads. If I could do it again I would probably have traded the tiny vibrant 12 incher for a second 18 inch magnaflow, but I'll probably just deal with it until I go turbo, then go full 3inch mandrel and get a 3.5 inch varex rear muffler and a 22 inch magnaflow resonator, which on a turbo build should sound great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts