·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have one. It's gotten a little louder over time not bad tho. Only issue is that ducking flap rattles so much at low revs

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'll make one next time I drive the sedan. Yeah it took me a bit to find the rattle. For some reason not an issue on the 2.5

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Its still pretty loud.
why not a 30-40 inch cherry pipe in 3inch flavor? no performance hickup, and would kill a couple of decibels

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll get a better video tomorrow.

I haven't really drove the car this weekend.

I'll have my buddy get a video.

That was from cold start too. But after is warmed up it's not bad. Close to stock for what mods it has.

I've got the Delta 272 cam in there too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
I'll make one next time I drive the sedan. Yeah it took me a bit to find the rattle. For some reason not an issue on the 2.5
Assuming the same amount of exhaust gas between and 2.5in setup, and 3in setup. My brain tells me that the velocity of the exhaust gas in the 2.5in setup would be higher keeping the flap open more consistently than the 3in setup.

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a slight rattle, but its not really metal on metal. More like a... leak sound? But it's only at idle and it's faint inside the car.

I've gotta get another video for you guys.

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The flap on the muffler just broke this morning... Kinda sad because the exhaust was super sleeper.
Now it sounds like a regular 3" magnaflow muffler.
And there is no way to remove the valve from the muffler either.. I'd have to open it up.
I'm sure I could probably get a replacement under warranty, but then I'd have to pay to get it installed again (there was a little modification my welder had to make to get it to fit)

I'll have to get another video up.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i like the turn down, they are nice and quite, the 3.0 inch tends to have flap problems from what everyone else has said, i've had issues, mine rattles like a bitch, its very very annoying

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
The flap on the muffler just broke this morning... Kinda sad because the exhaust was super sleeper.
Now it sounds like a regular 3" magnaflow muffler.
And there is no way to remove the valve from the muffler either.. I'd have to open it up.
I'm sure I could probably get a replacement under warranty, but then I'd have to pay to get it installed again (there was a little modification my welder had to make to get it to fit)

I'll have to get another video up.
Why does everything you touch breaks? Your almost as bad as CJ and his curse.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts