Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my car tuned, I forgot to ask him to setup 2Step for me and I was curious if I would be able to do it myself without messing anything up?

D16Y8 Stock
Full Go-Autoworks Turbo Kit
Hondata S300
Tuned 9psi

Would setting up 2step mess my tune or anything up? My tuner is an hour away and I don't feel like driving there to get it lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
ya u can do it your self u have s300 just hook up ur laptop to ur ecu look for the launched control and set it at were u want it at play with it till you have it were you like it just mess with that though nothing else

·
Registered
579 Posts
this is very general, but go in to your launch control in s300. you should have a launch limiter set up, if not..set it.

then go to where it says activation RPM under Fuel/IGN settings and set that at about 100-200rpms less than the launch limiter.(this is the actual 2-step setting)

lastly i know you want to retard the ignition timing by a fair amount(to keep nox temps down), mine is pulled back about -25* if i'm not mistaken.

the fuel enrichment i forget what to do there...sorry for the vague help.

then again, i'm also the same idiot that didn't degree his cam :hammer:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isnt your car smokin somethin crazy??? I cant imagine adding 2 step to that will help the situation at all.
It's for future references if I get that fixed for the Rod Runs coming up next month.

I was just scared I would mess up my tune or something trying to setup 2Step lol.

What's the normal RPM people set to for stock engines? I saw someone set theirs to 2500, but he was wondering how to set his a little higher without messing up anything lol.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's for future references if I get that fixed for the Rod Runs coming up next month.

I was just scared I would mess up my tune or something trying to setup 2Step lol.

What's the normal RPM people set to for stock engines? I saw someone set theirs to 2500, but he was wondering how to set his a little higher without messing up anything lol.
ya i set my dohz zc NA at 2500 and i still spin a tad .

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I'm not turbo, but I set mine to around 4000 on my Toyo R888's, and I've got an LSD. 4400 spins them but I can feather it out better. The ignition cut on Neptune's launch control is fun for scaring people though lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then don't worry about ignition retard. Just set it to 3000. Unless this is for burnouts?
Don't plan to do any burnouts soon until I upgrade my axle and bearings lol. It's just for showoff purposes cause at the Rod Runs, theres tons of fixed up cars, old new, etc that rev up to show off, etc and i'd rather have a 2step cause it sounds better like it's bouncing off the rev limiter (without putting mad strain on my engine bouncing off 7k rpms lol).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I can't seem to figure out how to setup 2step right lol. When I set it to 3000rpm and the activation rpm to 2800, it switches the max rev limter to 2500 automatically. The maximum default mph is 6 and i'm not sure what to change that too because if i'm sitting still and wanna do 2step I can, but what if i'm strolling above 6mph and wanna do it, I won't be able too?

·
Registered
80 Posts
you will need to take it off of always on and put it on something else and hook it to a switch

do not touch the fuel and ignition setting

the activation rpm under fuel and ignition settings should be set higher then your launch settings because you do not need to use it

click "help/contents/reference/switch inputs" in smanager

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
look, if you set both the activation and the launch rpms the same you wont even have to worry about the fuel and ignition.

with my friends car i set his up to 6000+ with -25 timing and +35 fuel. it hits 15psi at the light and 17 when he is going down the track. the max mph is set so that when you get over that mph the launch control will shut off and it will rev normally instead of staying at that certain rpm.

if you want to hit it whenever you want you can use MSD (god i hate that crap) 2 step and have it hooked up to a button. or configure it to your clutch switch and it will hit 2 step when your clutch is engauged

1 - 16 of 16 Posts