Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I hate to sound like a n00b but what i a lma?

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Improper oil, improper oil pressure, IMPROPER INSTALL

I say install error. Did you repalce the LMA or have you went to a different head?

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im using 530 castrol oil and pressure is at 10-15 psi wen hot idle and 80 at wot. i followed the torque sequence wen installing. also i noticed it wen i went to re adjust the valves.

the top of cap broke off on one of the lifter looking things.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i hate when people put up threads like this. ZERO info is being put up, so a bunch of questions need to be posted. break down what you have IN THE HEAD, then we can see if someone can help you.

install error is still possible even if tq sequence was followed. what exactly? wtf would i know, i drive old mazdas ;) :lol:

side note: LMAs breaking might be a warning sight that something else is broken or not right. just saying...

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it has Crower stage 2 cam, SuperTech valve springs, adjustable cam gear, ported y8 head, cometic headgasket, 5w30 conventional Castol oil. reving up to 7500 (if that matters) skunk 2 intake mani, 370cc injectors,
ANY OTHER INFO YOU NEED 99EJ6T
this is the sequence i followed when putting it together

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
have you dissasembled the rocker assembly at all?When i switch a cam i leave the bolts in the whole assembly.That way it doesnt want to come apart.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
weird man. thats just weird.

are you sure it has the correct LMA's in it? ive never tried to put Z6 LMA's into a Y8 but it might be possible? just weird it would happen twice.

i know with my large re-grind cam i had to shim my LMA's to keep them in contact with the base circle. but even then i have no issues like what you have.

maybe the cam if fucked? perhaps try a stock cam for a bit and see what happens.

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that would suck if the cam if fucked the cam doesnt even have 500 miles on it yet. but today im going to pick up some diff lifters or the button looking thing. see what happens

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
it has Crower stage 2 cam,
SuperTech valve springs,
adjustable cam gear,
ported y8 head,
cometic headgasket,
5w30 conventional Castol oil.
reving up to 7500 (if that matters)
skunk 2 intake mani,
370cc injectors,
info required at the start of the thread is highlighted. you only included half of the needed info.. the head cast wasnt really needed either... also, your missing your oil pressures, which are needed. hot idle pressure and pressure at 3k rpm (wot doesnt tell us anything).

1) have you rev'ed the engine to 7.5k yet?
2) how have you driven the car once cam was installed?
3) ever dropped/tapped your tq wrench?
4) what tq wrench where you using?

i would suggest the same as Danz, use a stock cam and see if the issue goes away. i dont think it will, but maybe. imo, there is an install error.
ANY OTHER INFO YOU NEED 99EJ6T
the info needed was info YOU needed to place on the thread to help YOU with YOUR problem. read your post thoroughly then hit the post button.

for example, this post is like yours:
my rod spun a bearing. y8 and h-beam rods.
this tells me nothing. i have to guess at what bearing colors used, bearing color code form the block, oil pump age or stock port, turbo or non, etc, etc, etc.

a better post would have been as such:
i spun a bearing in my built y8. it has fjt rods (tq to oem spec), green rod bearings, ball bearing turbo, y7 head, engine bearing code was all greens, and i ported the oil pump.
notice the difference? if not, you really should take a step back... anywho, hope you fix your issue.

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i got 99ej6t. thanks for being so rude but i guess it gets your point across.

1) i have ran it up plenty of times to 7.5k. redline is set at 8 but on dyno car stops making power at 7.5k
2) i drove it for about 2 weeks before i felt a problem with it

3) my tq wrench is my baby its a snap on and it cost me my left nut

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
i heard that if you buy something that cost you your left nut.You have to wear a flat bill hat sidways.(to the left).So you can walk straight again.Is this true?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
It's been a few years since I mounted my engine (Z6, don't know if there are differences) the last time (2006),
but looking through my pictures your LMAs seem to sit too low? Is it possible you have mounted them upside down?

I don't know if it is anything, but I guess it's worth mentioning. Could explain a lot I would think...?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts