Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How come the motor at that link says that theres vtec and that the motor is out of 92-95? Cause theres two DOHC Zc's at that website

·
Registered
275 Posts
ok u must be talking bout 2 gen zc they fit in the eg hatches there obd1 zcs no they had no vtec.only zc that had came with vtec is the single came.and yes the zc did make 138-140hp thats the rover zc which was in the rover gti 416 over in the uk.has the funky ass valve cover that one!

S

·
0 Posts
no ZC's had vtec. only some of the SOHC D's.
that site is wrong. doesnt have 11.0:1 compression ratio either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
civic90ex said:
PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN.
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH nicely said. So does the SOHC VTEC ZC make more hp than the other ZC's? does it rev higher? Higher redline? what makes it diff besides VTEC and the single cam?

·
Registered
275 Posts
ryan89crx said:
bullshit, do more research before you throw that out there. there were many different ZC motors the 3 most popular:

DOHC ZC - 130-hp
SOHC VTEC ZC - 130hp
SOHC NON VTEC ZC - 120hp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lets not forget the rover zc had 138,thats the one with funky valve cover.correct me if im wrong please!!!!

·
havent you seen my MOVIES?
CR-X
926 Posts
ryan89crx said:
bullshit, do more research before you throw that out there. there were many different ZC motors the 3 most popular:

DOHC ZC - 130-hp
SOHC VTEC ZC - 130hp
SOHC NON VTEC ZC - 120hp
i think the dude was trying to say that no dohc ZC's came with vtec

S

·
0 Posts
civic90ex said:
PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN.
ok i got pwn'ed. ha ha. i dont mind an education.
quite interested actually, what did these SOHC VTEC ZC's come stock in?
btw, on that Ebay one, its got D16A xxxx.... scrawled on the rocker cover. actual ZC or D16A?

cheers whitemike for some faith but my post was general to all ZC's :oops:
but seriously i've never seen/heard of a ZC stamped engine that is VTEC. only ever d's with ppl making general "it's a ZC" comments. i guess i got cooking too soon :0wnage:
but that cool. i would still like to see pics. not for proof of argument but purely for interests sake :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts