Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a y7 w/ 112k miles.

i have $2k to spend. i was thinking about going greddy turbo kit since its all complete, unless you guys had better input. what would you do with $2k FI d series build?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
DIY boost project....Greddy kit is gonna set you over 2k all together, and out of the box i think its only set at like 8 lbs. of boost, it all depends on how much power you're lookin to make, if its anyhwere over the 200-210hp mark you're gonna need internal work (pistons, rods, etc.).

Read the stickies in the FI section, they have some great info and links to good places that sell turbo parts. Everyone here is gonna tell you to research the hell out of this before going into the project.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
i have a y7 w/ 112k miles.

i have $2k to spend. i was thinking about going greddy turbo kit since its all complete, unless you guys had better input. what would you do with $2k FI d series build?
Honestly its all about where you live. If you live in cali like me and dont have hookups for smog or dont wanna pay alotta money to get the hookups the greddy kit might be your best option for the 200whp mark. If you live in another state you can do a vitara build and be at 280whp for about 2k (assuming everything is brand new).

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
buy me stuff caz i just spent 100$ last nite on dineer etc. :( now im poor

u can build ur own kit and do it right for 2k
thats what i wud do, dont cut corners or anything

·
Registered
391 Posts
buy me stuff caz i just spent 100$ last nite on dineer etc. :( now im poor
Yup, eating out's getting EXPENSIVE! :shocked: I remember when a very fine meal could be had for two around $50-60 (with an appetizer, but w/o a bottle of wine). Now, we're pushing the $100 mark. Ain't nothing wrong with fast food, sometimes...

Back to OP - this forum's full of DIY turbo kits. Probably the best bang for $$$. Looks like it takes a lot of work from planning to build, but I've been seeing some crazy #'s for the amount of money put in. Once I relagate my DD to weekend driver if I ever get another car, I'm prolly gonna piece together a turbo kit for fun. ;)

PM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts