Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Got the Delta 272-2 turbo cam. I installed it tonite and adjusted it as how i was told by Delta it had only 10 in vac i was like WHAT:uh: So i put the timing light on it and figured it need to be set. It was close like 12* so i said let me check the cam timing because it come's with out a cam card ,but it is a regrind so i didn't expect it. So i lined up the crank and and pulled the bolt on the cam and it looked a little retarded so i gave it like 2* and locked it down and vac went to 12.5. so i gave it a little more 2* and dam idle vac iss 14.8-15.1 on the laptop and once i set the timing back and i actually had to lean it out from the crower at idle and it's got a nice loop to it. So i'm going to drive it home and street tune the driveablity and call for a dyno app on Saturday if i can if not Monday.

·
Registered
139 Posts
OK Got the Delta 272-2 turbo cam. I installed it tonite and adjusted it as how i was told by Delta it had only 10 in vac i was like WHAT:uh: So i put the timing light on it and figured it need to be set. It was close like 12* so i said let me check the cam timing because it come's with out a cam card ,but it is a regrind so i didn't expect it. So i lined up the crank and and pulled the bolt on the cam and it looked a little retarded so i gave it like 2* and locked it down and vac went to 12.5. so i gave it a little more 2* and dam idle vac iss 14.8-15.1 on the laptop and once i set the timing back and i actually had to lean it out from the crower at idle and it's got a nice loop to it. So i'm going to drive it home and street tune the driveablity and call for a dyno app on Saturday if i can if not Monday.
or tuesday lol might be closed mon but deff post back with dyno graphs

·
Registered
90 Posts
nice ive been waiting to see the power gain out of these.. ive been back and fourth about them.. my tuner told me to stay away from them becuase its a regrind but its so much cheaper then others one the market..

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a 272-2 as well, and mine idles at 18-19" vac and 13 afr.... it only gets lopey when the engine is bone cold... i get about 12" of vac for 2-3min then goes up to 18-19

·
Registered
967 Posts
nice ive been waiting to see the power gain out of these.. ive been back and fourth about them.. my tuner told me to stay away from them becuase its a regrind but its so much cheaper then others one the market..
Delta is one of the most reliable cams you can buy. It doesn't matter if its a regrind or not.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My 272-2 spools the turbo 500 rpm later and makes the same power as my 59300 did... But I think it's just not playing nice with my big gay turbo, other people seem to have great success with them. Because of this my trap speed DROPPED 5 mph.

Gonna switch back to the little turbo that spooled so hard/quick it surged. Shouldn't surge now with the cam flowing so much more air through the head. I think that will be a winning combo, big cam with little hotside and big compressor.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
Jesus, learn how to form a sentence and use proper punctuation. Are you asking question or just stating random thoughts? I know it's the Internet but fuck, I feel like I'm reading diary entries from 12 year olds...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morning Update

Well the biggest change was i had to lean out the low cam map and i had to add timing at idle (like beaver said). And the morning start had me scared for a min when that shit sounded like a rotory but withing 30-60 sec it smoothed out and idleing at 15.8-16.9 vac. I added some fuel in my high map and gave it a couple hits this morning and the ass dyno likes this cam. I also had to add more fuel after the frist run as it was a little lean in the datalog. overall i added around 8%-10% more but im running kinda rich for now til i get to the dyno. As far as Spool its a little later than before but around 5800 the car WAKES up Big time and i can hear that motor sounds different than before. Well overall i so far think this cam is definitely bettter than the Crower and if i leaned out the low cam map i'm hoping to get some more MPG and if i can reach my goal of 400 WHP on pump. I was @ 341 without the top mount and Delta cam so i will find out on Saturday or Tonite if my tuner can fit me in.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
518 Posts
And the morning start had me scared for a min when that shit sounded like a rotory but withing 30-60 sec it smoothed out and idleing at 15.8-16.9 vac.

peripheral port d-series?

Was your previous cam the crower turbo cam?

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
I made 135whp out of my old B7 set-up with a 272 cam........Thats not to shabby if you ask me for that engine........But hey everybody has opinions right?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And the morning start had me scared for a min when that shit sounded like a rotory but withing 30-60 sec it smoothed out and idleing at 15.8-16.9 vac.

peripheral port d-series?

Was your previous cam the crower turbo cam?
LOL Not that bad more like a big bridge port.

And ya Crower Turbo cam

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^^
LMAO.

I fixed thta part i just started it cold again and took fuel out of the start up map and i was a little ruff but no where as bad

·
Registered
66 Posts
i was thinking on getting this cam for my a6 head but i was worried about tunable wise is it that hard to tune and what it ur cam gear set at for it to idle right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dude, Rotary ain't no joke though. Those are some efficient engines not to mention incredibly easy to re-build. All you need is crisco and vaseline.

Would love to get in on that 272-2 group buy, but I still can't access the classified:(

EDIT- I'm trying my best to consolidate as much as possible, but to answer your question...
how many post you need in order to post/buy in the for sale thread?
I believe, from what it says is 65.. Trying to accumulate parts for my build.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts