Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of doing my build using vitara pistons so the compression ratio will be in the 8.x:1 ratio. I was wondering if I could run like 25psi occassionally at the track with 93octane

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I seriously dont think that is possible. Unless you have a GREAT tune

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
I personally don't see why not. I dynod 20 and 22psi on 93 oct with a somewhat "large" .63 turbo.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plenty of people do it with evos,dsms, srt4s, grand nationals. I was just wondering if any d-series peeps had any experience with it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
yes and no, its all gonna depend on a lot of things (W/I nozzle size, HP goals...ect).

PSI dosn't really mean anything... i would say above 300whp on a D, anything to raise the knock limit is needed for longevity.

It think i was like one of the first few who started toying with W/I on turbo d's, i was running a 5gph nozzle+92oct @ 320whp. If you do decide to go the w/i route i'd recommend reading up on everything you can find about tuning ignition, and how the h20 effectivly raises the knock limit. theres a lot to learn, but as i have found out... whether it be race gas or W/I, more powa still means big trade-offs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts