Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am new to this site, so let me start off by saying thanks for offering such valuable information. I just bought a '92 EG hatch CX. I am on the verge of buying a buddies B20-B16head setup for $1000, and he will install it for $400. Total swap=only $1400, and if i want his ITR head $700 extra...I have $2500.00 to invest in a motor including the $400 install by my buddy, so this swap is doable for my wallet. However, I need this car to be reliable more than fast being that it will be my daily driver. The B20-Vtec will be used and bone stock, and I dont see it being on the reliable side(just an assumption)...If you guys(the professionals on this subject) were in my shoes and needed a reliable daily driver and had $2500(which had to include the $400 install) but wanted to be pretty damn quick and spank cars on the way to work at the same time, I would like to hear the setup you would go with(NA, boosted, etc...) please list prices, parts, etc...
P.S. He will sell my the ITR head separatley for $700 which has JUN Ti valve springs and retainers...Any advice/input greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
MY good friend has that EXACT motor setup: CR-VTEC. It's the B20 bottom end w/ B16 head. It's in a 91 CRX Si and that sucker FLIES! Also, it's 100% reliable. As long as it's had it's regular maintenance done and nothing too outlandish, it'll be fine. Once you get the motor, change the timing belt, water pump and maybe even oil pump so you KNOW they've been done. Same with basic gaskets. Install it and enjoy!

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
5,467 Posts
Hey everyone,
I am new to this site, so let me start off by saying thanks for offering such valuable information. I just bought a '92 EG hatch CX. I am on the verge of buying a buddies B20-B16head setup for $1000, and he will install it for $400. Total swap=only $1400, and if i want his ITR head $700 extra...I have $2500.00 to invest in a motor including the $400 install by my buddy, so this swap is doable for my wallet. However, I need this car to be reliable more than fast being that it will be my daily driver. The B20-Vtec will be used and bone stock, and I dont see it being on the reliable side(just an assumption)...If you guys(the professionals on this subject) were in my shoes and needed a reliable daily driver and had $2500(which had to include the $400 install) but wanted to be pretty damn quick and spank cars on the way to work at the same time, I would like to hear the setup you would go with(NA, boosted, etc...) please list prices, parts, etc...
P.S. He will sell my the ITR head separatley for $700 which has JUN Ti valve springs and retainers...Any advice/input greatly appreciated!
so you want to buy a b-series on a single cam site.....

and as your first post....?

get the fuck outta here, god damn assclown....:haha:

get a small turbo kit put it on, have 200-225 hp on stock motor, and have power and reliability....

and spank any b-series N/A - pm autoworks and he can get you a kit together....for a real good price

·
Registered
2,429 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
d16z6 swap -400-600 depending if you get lucky and find one cheap
p28 ecu chipped and turbo basemap- 100-150
dsm 440's-70-90
good t3t4-250-400 (used dont have to exactly buy new)
stealtmode oil line kit-90
function7 restrictor-10
hf mani with adaptor plate-75-100 (can get a good log mani for more)
boost gauge-25-40
fpr and gauge b and m -50-75
fmic-100-200 (ebay)
piping and bov-150-250
fuel pump-80 (their is a sponso on here that sells them)
new stage2 clutch - 150-200 (lsd motorsports ftw)
custom made d.p- 150-200
motor mount inserts- 30-50
a decent tune -300-400

you should be good with that right there.....HMT ftw D>B

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
B20/LS V-tec are always a pain in the ass if there not done rigth, plus in my experince 50% of the time they tend to over-heat, thats why i only fuck with single cams. so if u want something reliable stick with the SOHC, and if u want it to be fast......just spray the b****

·
It's that time again
5,369 Posts
B20/LS V-tec are always a pain in the ass if there not done rigth, plus in my experince 50% of the time they tend to over-heat, thats why i only fuck with single cams. so if u want something reliable stick with the SOHC, and if u want it to be fast......just spray the b****
ls/w-tec's are the ones that are on the more unreliable side b20 v-tec's have alot less issue's and most of the time is do to poor installation and or someone not knowing what there doing and also over reving them.

not that i dont like the d's cuz thats what im running
jus know a couple ppl that happen to have done both types of swaps and the only ones still running is the b20's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the quick replies!
SHINEDOWN,
Dont be sucha prick! your the one with your head up your ass, so quick to start talkin Sh#*....I am aware that this is a D-Series site, which is what I got in my whip right now"D15b8" I only stated the info. about the B20-vtec because it was an option someone was trying trying to get me to buy, and I was wiery about it! I heard that building a nice D-series was the reliable way to go, which is why I wanted to see what peeps on this board would do!
I keep the board updated on what I decide to do...prolly gonna buy an a6,y8,or z6 and build it form bottom to top just to be on the safe side!

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
5,467 Posts
Thanks for all the quick replies!
SHINEDOWN,
Dont be sucha prick! your the one with your head up your ass, so quick to start talkin Sh#*....I am aware that this is a D-Series site, which is what I got in my whip right now(D15B8) I only stated the info. about the B20-vtec because it was an option someone was trying trying to get me to buy, and I was wiery about it! I heard that building a nice D-series was the reliable way to go, which is why I wanted to see what peeps on this board would do!
I keep the board updated on what I decide to do...prolly gonna buy an a6,y8,or z6 and build it form bottom to top just to be on the safe side!
dude the :haha: means it is a joke, i even told you to contact someone to turbo it.... now you get 17 points neg rep for being a fucking crying ass little mommy fucker....

and if my head was up my ass i would have said, buy the b-shit swap because everyone knows that is far superior to the d-series motors...:roll:

and it is 2 words not one, Shine Down.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts