Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my civic right where I want it for a dd. I've been contemplating buying a 240..I like that they're rwd and I'd love to learn a different platform. Maybe even do an ls swap in the future when the funds are right. Anyways, just wondering if anyone has experience with nissan sand what you guys think

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
I think i like the way you think! I owned an 89 back when i was younger, and i would deff buy one again. but good luck finding one that isnt beat in every aspect.

·
Registered
557 Posts
what do you want to know? they are a good car to learn rwd and drift! also cheap to build. Don't gotta go much to them. But the problem now is finding one without paying a shit ton. Ive owned a lot

·
Registered
95 civic ex
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea people ask ridiculous prices for them..I'm just trying to pick a rwd car to build. Not sure what i want to do with it. I'd like to build a car that i can do a wide variety of racing in, track and drag.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
ive never owned a 240 but i have owned a nissan hardbody pickup and a 300zx and they both were great, only thing i dislike about nissan is they like to use maf sensors and my 300zx was such a pain to start when it went bad (not sure if 240 has one). if i remember about 90% of the ones you find the dashboard will be jacked up from the sun, if you get luck in finding a clean one it will probably be an auto lol

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Yea people ask ridiculous prices for them..I'm just trying to pick a rwd car to build. Not sure what i want to do with it. I'd like to build a car that i can do a wide variety of racing in, track and drag.
s2000?? RWD and covers your variety of racing. My step son picked up a bone stock 98 240 for $7800!! Yikes! Help him work on it and I don't like it compared to Hondas.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
7800 sounds about right for the price of a s14, personally i hate the s14. the s13 should be 2-4000 but alot more beat up than an s14 would be

·
Registered
95 civic ex
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want an s13 hatch. This will be a purpose built car for just the weekends so I don't care about aesthetics, but rust is always an issue. I'm debating on whether I want to try and find one unmolested or If I want to buy one with the sr20det swap and maybe just put some forged internals and rebuild it with bigger turbo. OR get a shell and drop an ls in that bitch!

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
$8k for a 240sx?! you can probably get a high-mile 03/04 350Z for that money!
sure if you want a 2 seater, a 240 might be cramps but it has more room than a 350z and more trunk space to. i would buy a infinity g35 before i bought a 350z since they have the same motor and back seats

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
240s are great, i love my coupe. Stay away from SR20s though, if you want a turbo then build a KA-T, more reliable and torquier, and with a hot cam swap you can actually make really good power up top.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts