Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, now this has probably been covered... i just wanted to sling it out there for those of you who don't know:

ok, I don't know who is stupid enough to pay for the "20 hp wonder ship" for their honda when they can spend a few cents on a resistor that equals the resistance of a cold IAT sensor.........

I do have one thing to say about this thing though.... it's gotta be safer than an ebay chip!

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Lets put it this way... if it was so easy to add all that power for just a few cents, wouldnt Honda, (the greatest car company in the world, who invests millions of dollars into researching and designing groundbreaking racecars and street cars that perform reliably and responsibly for decades) just build it into the cars already?

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
JaredKaragen said:
ok, now this has probably been covered... i just wanted to sling it out there for those of you who don't know:

ok, I don't know who is stupid enough to pay for the "20 hp wonder ship" for their honda when they can spend a few cents on a resistor that equals the resistance of a cold IAT sensor.........

I do have one thing to say about this thing though.... it's gotta be safer than an ebay chip!

ok.. so lemme guess.. you bought one? ha ha! :lol:

i bought 5 one time thinking i could get 100hp.... :hammer:

edit: jk btw

D

·
0 Posts
fireant said:
Lets put it this way... if it was so easy to add all that power for just a few cents, wouldnt Honda, (the greatest car company in the world, who invests millions of dollars into researching and designing groundbreaking racecars and street cars that perform reliably and responsibly for decades) just build it into the cars already?
Actually they wouldn't. Having the most power isn't the goal of any passenger car manufacturer. It's not like they are going to use the most aggressive settings possible. That's the reason that "free mods" exist. Most car manufacturers know that easy, cheap, or even free power can be had.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA what a joke...... those guys are going to get rich of of ebay ricer kids. Just like the "electris turbo's" that became so famous years ago.....HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
836 Posts
sure, it fools your ECU to think its colder than it really is...so instead of running at your correct AFR corresponding to your actuall temp, you are now running uber-rich with shitty mileage and less power. I will take 30 of those please

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
If you had a stock fuel sys. with intake, cam, IM, port work, etc. you could get 20hp..... Practically the samething as a ebay chip. You have nocontrol over the A/F ratio though. Ideally you wan't to be able to control it via chipped ecu and dyno tuning or a WBO2.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
singlecizam said:
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA what a joke...... those guys are going to get rich of of ebay ricer kids. Just like the "electris turbo's" that became so famous years ago.....HAHAHAHA
yep, dude that h22 looks nice, what does the hatch run now do u think????

·
Registered
33 Posts
well i dunno how this would work anyway
after installing I/H/E/Cam on my Y8 i was running 11 - 12 AFR, so by making it richer you would loose more power. In my particular case, I would need a resister telling the ecu that the air coming in was hotter and it would run more lean to make more power.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, sorry for the late response: for a while they have been selling "20Hp Power Chip" for hondas etc... it costs like $10 or something... and it's a resistor that fools your IAT input to thinking the engine is cold, so it dumps in more fuel like an crap-bay chip would.... i just laugh at how many people actually buy.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
fireant said:
No they wouldn't. In the stock P28 ecu I can get a extra 6 mpg without any engine damage and still run 87 octane pump gas.

Like I was told, Honda's are tuned by lawyers......

Like the Oddessy/Acura CL automatic tranny fiasco. When you get a new tranny from Honda, they replace your ECU (they don't tell you) which cuts about 20hp/35tq out of the motor, JUST to make the tranny live.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts