Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Nice buy Bone! I always stock up when I catch them on sale too.
I barely trimmed it as well, didn't need to but I did. The little amount of "gray skin" comes right off when I cook fat side down on the grate rack and remove the clump of meat.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
I am digging it - love me the pork butt...
I'm trying to get away from processed meats, prices are coming down except on beef, but I can't eat it anymore unless I go on gout meds.

Pig and yardbird it is.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
I had to refuel....

First time I've ever cooked something that I felt was worthy of turning in at a BBQ comp....

it just kept falling apart....and into my mouth....

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
...Salt, Spice, Sugar, Paprika, Granulated Garlic & Granulated Onion...make your own Boss!

Got to agree, salt is everywhere in foods...I won't even salt my pasta water but get back, if you get between me and that shaker for sliced tomatoes and fries...:shitfan

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
I put salt and tabasco in the Heinz ketchup, then salt the fries on the plate. McD's usually has just the right amount of salt on their fries, but I rarely eat at fast food places anymore, only when traveling.

10 piece nuggets, BBQ sauce, LARGE fries...it is a treat of sorts. Last time was in March on the way back from Road Atlanta.....twice :)

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks good Bones.

I haven't smoked anything this week and probably won't have time this weekend.
I did have enough seal left over from sealing my Weber, to do my smoker.

I still need to get some latches for the drawers to keep them closed tight.

I am hoping to do a pork shoulder next.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Got to play with some meat this Saturday.
Chicken and a Boston butt that I pulled.
Pretty good for my first attempted at a butt.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks great! How much heat, what kind of wood & how long?
About 180-200 degrees, a combo of charcoal, hickory, and mesquite. Chicken was done in six hours, the pork was on for four and wrapped up for another six.
Pork just had some dry rub, butts maybe, too much celery salt, but this was a trial run. My wife rubbed my meat for me while I was at work Friday, it sat for 18 hours at least.
The chicken had Cajun seasoning with a high life up it's ass.
Started the smoker with a old growler of beer, don't remember what it was, but it was flat so why not.
I love pulled pork, next time it needs to be spicier, and cook a little longer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, at those temps 14-16 hours would not be unheard of, if you are running closer to the 200 mark often...I do 180 degrees for 24 hours on a whole Boston butt.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Sorry folks, running those low temps you run the risk of creosote issues....

I only changed one thing tonight, two knobs of butter on top before wrapping...

I don't inject or even fully apply rub to the meat, just top and bottom, too much "wasted" on the sides that ends up on the catch tray.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry folks, running those low temps you run the risk of creosote issues....
Not if the fire size is right and you are burning the fire well...not just of big of a pile of coals that you choke down to get the temp down - I have smoked for years at those low temps, it requires more care in fire size and rebuilding the fire but it can be done.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
I see. With current setup I cannot add fuel easily. Why I want a Weber but with results I am getting....burp.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Results is all it is about...nothing else! I just got a whole turkey that I broke down yesterday and brined overnight out of the brine and getting to room temp. The Weber is getting ready to be loaded in about 15 minutes - 225 for four hours.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I did some modding on my smoker. Clearance item.

I need to seal the lid on the fire box, but with a small fire to season the inside, it got up to 120" on the gauge on the door.
They fit together pretty nice too.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts