Uh....is this spam?

or a shitty link?

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Uh....is this spam?

or a shitty link?
nope its a real link.

I was reading about this on yahoo this morning. https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/2016-ford-focus-rs-arrives-with-over-320-hp--awd--a-stick-and-a-ticket-to-america-134820905.html

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/all-wheel-drive-2016-ford-focus-rs

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a6342/2016-ford-focus-rs-first-details-exclusive-insider-info/

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-focus-rs-official-photos-and-info-news

I personally want one. Will I be able to afford it, nope.

But it looks good and the fact its AWD with 316 HP, its going to make a fun little car.

But it looks to have a Mitsubishi Evo front end (head lights but the grill has been opened up some), but look at dat ass,

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I know Ford wont put out a car that could de-throne the mustang..

I bet this thing is detuned to the max.. But, I think COBB is working on upgrades for it.

I never really looked at Ford, but the Focus ST had my curiosity, the RS has my attention.. (Mr Candie)

EDIT: Ill bet it has forged everything except pistons. Just like GM does. Who will be the first to dissect the RS?!

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
nice thing about Ford is that they appreciate their aftermarket and don't make their ecus particularly hard to reflash. It'll have support on launch from the aftermarket

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
The base RS is around 30K

then theres the spec 2 and spec 3 model..

Looks like AWD and brake torque model comes in at 38k. No thanks. not for a little hatch.

·
3,983 Posts
where'd you find that out?

it competes directly with the STi so I'd assume price levels close to that...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
It was in the comments in that fujunku site.. or whatever the fuck its called..

Some one posted up a pic of the AWD version and price. just have to scroll down and read some of the comments..

·
Registered
89 Civic Si
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty excited for it. I think you would have to get the model with torque vectoring though. I'm pretty interested in the reliability of the all wheel drive system (first year Fords...), it could force Subaru to step their game up with their relatively econo based all wheel drive system.

Definitely don't see any selling for under $34k.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Wait you are into cars and dont know about Jalopnik? I was kicked off of there for making some asshat mad when they were complaining about MPG on a muscle car, like you buy a muscle car for mileage....they got mad, you are not missing much. I prefer not to know then go learn it from them.

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
Borg Warner EFR, trick rear diff, and likely to kick subaru STI and mitsubishi evo's ass in performance metrics. Ford has been killing it lately. Only thing I don't like is lack of a real front diff.

I'm guessing these are gonna start at ~36k.

Oh and jalopnik sucks, bunch of wannabe "journalists" with poor credibility and click bait headlines. They also stole a bunch of pictures of my CRX for an article one time, jerks.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Depending on how well it is loaded and the pricing is compared to the current Subies on the market when it makes its arrival, I might be seriously interested.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Pretty damn cool that it might actually finally make it to the States, but it's gonna come with a hefty price tag.

I'm pretty excited for it. I think you would have to get the model with torque vectoring though. I'm pretty interested in the reliability of the all wheel drive system (first year Fords...), it could force Subaru to step their game up with their relatively econo based all wheel drive system.

Definitely don't see any selling for under $34k.
Huh?

·
Registered
89 Civic Si
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretty damn cool that it might actually finally make it to the States, but it's gonna come with a hefty price tag.

Huh?
To clarify, Subaru engineers design their all wheel drive systems with an emphasis on being cost effective, not so much for performance.

·
3,983 Posts
on everything but the STI, I agree, a cheap viscous center and viscous rear makes for a decent and cheap setup (though I think the newest ones don't have a real rear LSD and use a braking system to fake one)

but the STi has a modulating clutchpack center, and depending on years either a metal plate front and rear or torsen front/metal plate rear and 07+ is torsen front and back.

not an econo setup

1 - 20 of 35 Posts