Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,110 Posts
why? because its cheap? what brand? why not contact Aquafina? no link?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
anybody who is willing to test ebay stuff INSIDE a transmission is foolish.

any part fo that can be off half a millimeter and do damage, either during install, or operation.

contact transzex or aquafina for some guidance

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
The OBX lsd works ok.. People still take them apart and check them though.. But with any lsd install, cheap or reputable, they can still take a dump if clearances aren't set right at installation.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
No name brand with no actual R&D to back it up means you just threw that cash in the trash and will have to start all over again.

Just give me the cash u spent on it, Ill kick you in the nuts and then you can start over!

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
The first and last ebay no name brand LSD I bought, the case wouldn't even close. Even without the "shim" for the diff bearings in there there was a 1/16"+ gap all the way around. I'm actually glad it didn't fit, because it probably would of destroyed my transmission.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
MFactory LSD's that Aquafina and I install, I've only ever had to shim one (B early hydro GSR, tapered bearings) and the latest GSR, the speedo gear rubbed on the diff housing, come to find out he was using early VSS setup, something that was easy to fix.

.005" on the shim clearance, right were I like it.

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
I'm going to go with an mfactory lsd on my current build.. The risk to money ratio isn't worth it to me on a 400 hp build.. You should feel the same lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts