Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm interested in building a 92-95 DX turbo hatch for weekend fun and my goal is 200whp for as little money as possible. I will be looking for the cheapest car, in whatever condition as long as it has not had its frame bent and it runs.

If I can get an engine out of this thing that would be great, or I'll find one used on CraigsList as long as it has somewhere around 100k miles and gives acceptable comp/leak numbers.

I have done some research but I'm still foggy on what exactly would be the best setup for me. How do I choose whether or not to use a 14b, 15g, t3/t4, t24/t25? Are intercoolers a mandate on pump gas with any of these units? Are those kits on eBay for $500 or so a reliable option?

Also, what are my options for tuning a car at 200whp?

Thanks all for your patience and input. BTW, my background is in 944 Turbo cars, so bear with me. :)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
reading is your friend. assuming u peice together a kit from the junkyard parts and dont cheap out on tuning u can do a whole kit for about 800 bucks that will take u to about 250 depending on turbo. but stock internals will only hold to about 220-250 depending on the tune. read some more and then u tell us what u think is a good option and we will give our opinions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts