Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need advice on my turbo build. I shooting for 200whp on mostly stock internals. I know the obvious things I'll need, such as a turbo, intercooler, wastegate, etc. I'm on somewhat of a budget, and i'd love to hear advice of people with experience with this.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
budget and boost arent meant to be in the same sentence.

read this and plan your build: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/166555-diy-building-your-dream-car-101-a.html
I realize haha, when I say I'm on a budget I still want quality parts that fit my build, but not things that will go overboard. For example I don't think buying a 2000 dollar turbo good for 500hp would really be necessary for my build when I'm only looking for around 200hp, if that makes sense. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm where to begin. The biggest cost saver would probably be labor. Will you be doing all the work yourself?

Shit I'm contemplating selling my greddy 15 g kit and that will get you to 200hp.
Absolutely. I've always been a diy kind of guy. Only time my car ever visits any shop is for stuff I can't do myself (due to lack of specialty tools or etc) such as mounting tires to rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
731 Posts
DSM 14 b or something similar will get ya 200. Really start looking at different kinds of turbos. EBay everything else

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
dsm turbo, stock d16, crome
cheap fast and reliable

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
ARP head studs is a must when going turbo.

Look into getting some good injectors like bosch EV14 from Hiprofile, I have his 800cc.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
X2. $400 wet kit. $80 fuel pump. $20 cold plugs. $50 to get the tank filled. 200whp at the flip of a switch.
the zex dry kit i used to run was setup for a 55 and if i felt the need a 75 shot. the kit i had self tuned to bottle pressure by adjusting fuel pressure. never had any problems running the kit for 2 years until i got rid of the car.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
then add for pump, clutch, axles, mounts, welding, 2.5" exhaust and/or flange welding, injectors, tuning software, OBD1 conversion, dyno, and im sure im leaving out a few things..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
then add for pump, clutch, axles, mounts, welding, 2.5" exhaust and/or flange welding, injectors, tuning software, OBD1 conversion, dyno, and im sure im leaving out a few things..
yes, definitely need injectors, fuel pump and a tune. Also on there I'd add some suspension parts.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
the zex dry kit i used to run was setup for a 55 and if i felt the need a 75 shot. the kit i had self tuned to bottle pressure by adjusting fuel pressure. never had any problems running the kit for 2 years until i got rid of the car.
Like the zex kit . really simple to install. Dry kit with fuel controlled by ecu is what I always advice folks to run. Simplest to install and u don't have to worry about a fuel ssolenoid failing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts