Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is to showcase my stereo replacement and upgrades to my crv. current stereo is just absolute crap so I'm going to be adding a few goodies to the car. HU will be a Kenwood DVD receiver, infinity reference component speakers up front with coaxial reference in the back doors. 2 Rockford fosgate amps a 300.4 powering the speakers and a 500.1 powering the 2 8 in p1 punch subs that will be mounted in the rear. also adding a backup camera as well.will be posting up pics as they become available. let me know what you guys think. here is some of the parts that came in today.

Attachments

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so here is some more work being done. mounted the new deck in the dash adapter and built the main harness for my particular setup. had to go full custom. used mini rg59 coax as audio and video cable. I get this stuff from my work. has better shielding than any expensive audio cables out there. this doesn't include the custom sub boxes for the rear and making it all dissappear so no one even knows that there is a mile of cables running under the carpet.:fingersx:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Let me know how the kenwood ends up treating you. I have a bad taste in my mouth from kenwood from back in the day.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the wiring is a pain right now. I love the reference series speakers from infinity. now I had a JVC deck and It was ok. not great but ok. the Kenwood I bout has great reviews so I'm looking foward to the install. also my carpet for the subs finally shipped. should be here Friday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ya the wiring is a pain right now. I love the reference series speakers from infinity. now I had a JVC deck and It was ok. not great but ok. the Kenwood I bout has great reviews so I'm looking foward to the install. also my carpet for the subs finally shipped. should be here Friday.
I had some Infinity Kappa's in my Jeep. Probably the best "cheap" speaker i've ever had. Liquid smooth highs.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
My next HU upgrade will be a pioneer appradio. So inexpensive because everything is already in my phone. Why kenwood? I have a clarion nx509 in my car for years now and it has been amazing. I like clarion a lot. I have a 12" clarion sub and its lasted a lot longer than any other so far. But matching rms is key. I really enjoy my jl audio components. No speakers in the back. No reason in a coupe.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I also researched and found some good things on boston acoustics speakers. Im an audiophile so i put a ton of research into selecting everything. It took me forever to find a perfect amp to match my sub. Turned out to be a kenwood. Ive had the same pioneer amp from like 2005 but its powering my component speakers. Its a stereo amp but it was bridged to power subs in the past. 125watts x2 rms. sub is 500watts rms. :( havent heard my system since december 2014, need to get it back on the streets.

What are you going with for wiring the amp etc...? Id say thats one of the most overlooked aspects of a car audio build. I love welding cable.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Mommy Boston acoustics!! Back in the day they were good shit. Not too much now. Almost entry level.

I'm running CDT audio up front off a kicker zx 550.2. And 2 dd 8's off a zx 2500 @ 2 ohms. Wiring is kicker flex 0 gauge power and ground. I also like knuconceptz. I'm using their rca and speaker wires.

Welding cable works, but haven't seem flexible ones and they seem to not have the strand count like the kicker or knuconceptz stuff.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Mommy Boston acoustics!! Back in the day they were good shit. Not too much now. Almost entry level.

I'm running CDT audio up front off a kicker zx 550.2. And 2 dd 8's off a zx 2500 @ 2 ohms. Wiring is kicker flex 0 gauge power and ground. I also like knuconceptz. I'm using their rca and speaker wires.

Welding cable works, but haven't seem flexible ones and they seem to not have the strand count like the kicker or knuconceptz stuff.

Ive seen welding cable with a high strand count just need to search. At $1.85/ft i can run 1/0 in place of 4ga that most systems can get away with and still save money and it will be copper instead of aluminum. Btw ive been running 4ga welding wire to power my 2 amps for years with zero problems and it was really inexpensive.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was running 4 Guage to my 2 fosgate amps for a long time without issue. the nice thing about fosgate is they don't pull a ton of power to run. I also ran high strand wielding cable. that stuff is awesome. everything is almost ready. just need funds for the tweeter lid assemblies. damn things are 40 bucks a pop through all the websites. Unless you guys can snag them for me.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so I'm a little pissed. I spent 2 hours throwing in the door speakers right now and because honda has the polarity backwards I've got no sound now. but the good news is they are in.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they should sound awesome once I put in the new stereo because the polarity will be corrected but no sound till I get the rest of my parts together.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just found out on of my component speakers is fried. it doesn't present itself right away but once the speaker warms up it starts garbling and static cones out. We'll too bad. I have some Pyle woofers I'm gonna throw in for the time being until I can snag another set from Amazon.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Ive got a rockville rw8ca powered slim sub in my s2k and its damn decent considering it came with wiring kit for $100 shipped

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
she's in! took 7 hours to mount 2 amps and run all the wiring. But my prebuilt harness worked flawlessly.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts