Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll say it again speedfoos and all who dont think i know what i am talking about. I know the usdm 7th gen civic has a d17 but mine is jdm and it has a d15b engine in it here is a pic
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
is this the same as the older d15b engine?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I jus wanna know if it uses the same internal parts. Mine doesnt use a distributor it uses a coil pack

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I can tell from appearances it is a D17

The block has a code on it, between the tranny, and the exhaust

The few things I saw?

-upper water hose location
-ignition
-valvecover
oil dipstick

You should take a picture of the block code if you wanna keep trying to make us believe its a 1.5

Id like to be proven wrong, But Im pretty sure japan didnt had any civic 1.5s after 2000

·
Registered
97' Civic
723 Posts
I can tell from appearances it is a D17

The block has a code on it, between the tranny, and the exhaust

The few things I saw?

-upper water hose location
-ignition
-valvecover
oil dipstick

You should take a picture of the block code if you wanna keep trying to make us believe its a 1.5

Id like to be proven wrong, But Im pretty sure japan didnt had any civic 1.5s after 2000

x2

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
Same internal parts as a D17 and completely different than any D15 - JDM or USDM - motor out there.

Regardless of your engine code, you still don't know what you're talking about. I figured that out even before you started posting about your engine code.

Not to sound like a complete ass, but is English your primary language? If not, that would explain a lot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll have to agree with all of the above, that doesn't look like a D15 at all..I googled both engines just to make sure I had the right picture in my head and yeah..that looks like a D17 to me.

But yeah, we aren't saying you are an idiot or calling you a liar, just being skeptical. Put up a picture of the engine code, that's pretty easy since you are taking pictures of the motor anyway.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
Haven't found a 1.5L yet, but did find a 1.4L

Honda Civic 1.4i S Specifications

Production started in: 2003
Production stoped: 2005
make honda
model civic
version 1.4i s
Topspeed: 175 km/h
Transmission 5 speed, manual
CO2 emissions: 153 g/km
Engine capacity: 1396 cm3
Engine Power: 66 kW (90 hp); 5600 rpm
Cylindres:4, in line
Valves/cylinder: 4
Valve Operation: ohc
Fuel: petrol
City fuel consumption: 8,3 l/100km; (1 op 12,0)
Highway fuel consumption: 5,4 l/100km; (1 op 18,5)
Combined fuel consumption: 6,4 l/100km; (1 op 15,6)
Tires: 185/70R14
Alloy Rims: N/A
Automatically turn on lights: N/A

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know where the engine code is when i get back my cam i will take a pic. It says d15b then underneath that it has the engine number. On the registration for the vehicle it 1490cc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same internal parts as a D17 and completely different than any D15 - JDM or USDM - motor out there.

Regardless of your engine code, you still don't know what you're talking about. I figured that out even before you started posting about your engine code.

Not to sound like a complete ass, but is English your primary language? If not, that would explain a lot.
Yes I dont know much about engines or racing. Thats why i am here to learn. U always throwing insults which are uncalled for. If you have nothing constructive to say jus shut up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should probably take your own advice....
i dont do the argument think over the internet so. Y i cant get some constructive opinions and not jackasses like yourself and ur boyfriend. Anyways thanks for all who tried to help. I am discouraged I will jus go research more or jus buy a d17. Moderator please lock this thread

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
i dont do the argument think over the internet so. Y i cant get some constructive opinions and not jackasses like yourself and ur boyfriend. Anyways thanks for all who tried to help. I am discouraged I will jus go research more or jus buy a d17. Moderator please lock this thread
So for you don't argue, you name call and come off as a jerk...

And FWIW, this is possibly the most constructive bit of advice in this thread. And no where in his post did I see an insult.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it wasnt a swap i purchased the car from a car lot jus like that
it is a honda ferio i went on this site and saw the specs but cant understand the language
HONDA CIVIC FERIO

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
And FWIW, this is possibly the most constructive bit of advice in this thread. And no where in his post did I see an insult.
Naw, i insulted him and called him a dumbass in other threads after I tried to help him with his tranny questions.

I still think you, OP, are a moron. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jus like in the us u have civic em in japan they hav civic es the civic es2 has the d17 . Although I have a 2004, the chassis is a es1 hence the d15b.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.