Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so this is a really frustrating problem

Car wont start cranks all day but has no spark on any cylinders

new ignition coils and spark plugs

crank and cam sensors good

battery and starter are good

main thing i notice could be the problem is my immobiliser unit indicator light does not show up on dash when place the key in the ignition it usually shows up for a few seconds then goes away but as of lately i have not been able to get it to come on. ive also tried replacing the immobilizer unit itself but no luck

any way to test the main relays a wiring diagram would also be nice

thanks everyone

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Why would you mention the immobilizer key system... did you mess with it at all before this problem, when did the problem start?

What about the distributor? There's a unit that send spark to the coils/plugs isn't there? Are you sure that hasn't died?
2002 civic has no dizzy :detective: COP setup.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Why would you mention the immobilizer key system... did you mess with it at all before this problem, when did the problem start?

2002 civic has no dizzy :detective: COP setup.

Well I know they don't have a dizzy in the same sense that the older ones do. But isn't there some sort of unit that produces the spark signal to send to the COP ... beyond the ECU and the CPS signal? Some sort of ignitor unit ... or is that all included in the COP and the ECU gets signal from the CPS and tells the COP to spark?

Looks like I'm going to get my learn on in this thread. :bigok:

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
COP has igniter built into the coil. Gets the signal from ECU from cam and crank sensors.

About the immobilizer, when I turn my car (05 ex) to the "on" position the little green immobilizer key lights up (or flashes, can't remember) in the speedo area, what does yours do?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is your immobilizer key light blinking when you have the ignition on position 2?

edit: I skimmed again. If you replaced the immobilizer key ring than you'll need to get it reprogrammed.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts