Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's an auto.

are there any motors that drop into these things?
of course id wanna switch tranny type aswell. but was wondering cause ive heard not good things about my chances of creating some kinda cool sleeper.

id like to be able to drop a D-engine SOHC and a turbo in there, but is it possible anyone? im having trouble finding anything on these 2001's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Time to do some searching, bud.

The K20 is the only engine that can be (easily) swapped into a 7thgen. People will tell you, "Oh yeah, I know a guy that knows a guy that read on the internet that you can swap an H-series into a 7thgen." While that may have been done once, all that proves is that with enough, time, money, and fabrication skills, you can put any motor in anything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
id like to be able to drop a D-engine SOHC and a turbo in there, but is it possible anyone? im having trouble finding anything on these 2001's.
Umm... turbo the sohc D-series you have... A manual trans swap would probably be a good idea first, but the d17 can do some pretty good things with a turbo.

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
I have a d17 In my 2001 Civic HX...And im gonna be dropping a turbo setup in here shortly... So IMO drop a manual in, turbo your D, And take all that extra cash for ur engine upgrade! Ive also heard that the HX's have a great Manual Tranny for boost... But if u have any questions bout the D17's SpeedFoos is the man who knows all!!! (Even though he destroyed his project!!!)

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
it's an auto.

are there any motors that drop into these things?
of course id wanna switch tranny type aswell. but was wondering cause ive heard not good things about my chances of creating some kinda cool sleeper.

wow searching is your friend.....dude even google would help

·
Registered
311 Posts
ok first of all one of my buds just dropped a h22 turbo in his em2 made his mouts the rest was wiring and a bit of know how alot of people get discouraged too quick search find what YOU like and do it ps d17 is awsome to turbo or go witha k20 alot easyer than the rest but all is possible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts