Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys theres not really a spot to ask your opinions on exterior shit so im posting it here

i have a 1998 ex civic and i am buying the 2000 si front end. im piecing it together and am getting stuck on what to do so i am asking for YOUR opinions whether you think these will look hot/not.

my car is red so im going to get the type r gunmetal headlights, but im stuck on some other options. i got black koniq traffix wheels but im looking for opions on color for my fog housing. also my grill is going to be red with black mesh with red si emblem. but the fogs come either silver or black so im deciding which ones and also with the lip im looking at either painted mugen lip or painted type r lip

or either painted or left black greddy gracer lip http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=250562976887

but im not sure if that lip will look too off set with the rest of the car because of how low it hangs.

also should i paint sideskirts or leave black?

thanks for your imput in helping me decide for these options and if you guys have any other products in mind that you think would be nice bring them up

thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I like the fog cover being silver. As the front lip goes I like the ctr/si lip on the 99-00 civic front end. I just swap a 99-00 Si front end onto my 96 civic too and loving it.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
this is what I would do
- red civic type-r front lip
- red side skirts
- black fog light housing
- red civic type-r rear lip
- I would deff not get that greddy lip... too big!!!

Clean and simple... I like OEM styling... people in the know can tell what is done... and people who aren't in the know just think it's a nicely OEM styled car.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
its all opinon man. do what YOU like.

me...i would try and make it look as stock as possible so that the only people that "know" are the ones that truely "know".
i second that :TU:

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
its all opinion man. do what YOU like.
Agreed. I personally like the 96-98 front clip better than the 99-00 front clip. I say leave it as is and spend that cash on getting some power/performance gains.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
Agreed. I personally like the 96-98 front clip better than the 99-00 front clip. I say leave it as is and spend that cash on getting some power/performance gains.
X2/... i Been arguing about this with myself for awhile now.. idk.. I wanna keep it oem cuz of it being a midori.. but I kinda like the fogs better on the 99-00. but i wanna get some for my 96 and see how they look first.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
I see too many 99-00 fronts i would like to see more clean 96-98 body styles
this. i had a 97 and i miss it. I have a 2000 now and well i liked the old front better

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Looks alrite......

But this is way more fresher...

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
that last one.. i think thats a mugen lip??? but whats up with the opening in the bumper.. it looks a lil different...

And Is it hard or something to get those fog light straight on the 96-98?? alot i've seen have been crooked.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
that last one.. i think thats a mugen lip??? but whats up with the opening in the bumper.. it looks a lil different...

And Is it hard or something to get those fog light straight on the 96-98?? alot i've seen have been crooked.
it has the webbing cut out of it it looks like
^Yup. He has the entire Mugen lip kit and rims.
F*cken baller.
yeah it was in Honda Tuning a few months ago. full feature

1 - 14 of 14 Posts