Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a y8 with I/H/full exhaust incl cat. I also have a VAFC. I have a couple bills to blow but wanted to know what you guys thought. I am looking at a stage 2 zex cam (the highest I rev is 7200). I am not changing springs because I will do a build up a year or two down the road. What do you guys think:
Zex stage 2 cam
VAFC tune on current mods
flywheel 12lb
This is what I am going to chose between.
Also, why do Y8's spin bearings so easily. Is it purely because of oil starvation or because of high revs stretching stock rod bolts. Would the ARP's help this?
Thanks for the help.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
ARP should help, or Ls rods with ls bolt should help too. I never heard people spun bearing so easily with 7200 cut off... 8000 yess but none at 7200 with N/A setup ...

Maybe torque wrench you use isn't correct ....

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i would get the 12lb flywheel, this will alow you to pick and choose what kinda a build up to do, no matter what you do (turbo, n/a, N2O, s/c...)

T

·
0 Posts
on a y8 you can swap in a z6 oil pump but you have to use a z6 pan that will help if you worrried about the oiling system

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want some reliable power for like 60k miles (bringing the total to 90k) without having to worry about oil starvation. I want to do a stage 1 zex cam and get it tuned then that will be it. Do you think the stock redline is enough to cause bearing failure? I rarely hit 7200 unless provoked by a rice boy or camaro retard.

·
Registered
675 Posts
lightweight flywheel on a stock engine is retarded..i would wait on that unless you want to loose some on your take off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts