Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I really don't want to see it... You probably don't want to hear this, but 20" is WAAAY to big for a small Civic.
IMO 17" is a little bit too big, 18 is streching it even a little more too long, and all above that is just totally pointless (and ugly)...

Sorry for that irrelevant talk, but I just had to say it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
FYI, a buddy of mine has 19" infront and 20" in the rear of his 96 hatch. Its a full show car though, he had to tub out the rearend to fit'em. He also has airride and can drive up on 4x4's and still put the rails on the ground =-) If I had pics trust me id post'em.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
22's?????? damn i don't even want to think of the body work needed for that...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
mrnicolas said:
:werd:

I even think that 17s are way too big on a civic.
no way...17's are just right, it just so happens the 17's are too heavy...i have 17's on my car, and i don't think they look to big...:(

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
custom_junky said:
no way...17's are just right, it just so happens the 17's are too heavy...i have 17's on my car, and i don't think they look to big...:(
I gotta agree w/ u. I love the way my 17" look on my civic. I'm not a racer so i have no need for 15" rims. And there are light weight 17" rims u can get if your rims are to heavy.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Exactly. I live in the south in Memphis Tn and big rims are the thing. 17's are fine , exspecialy if you have 2-300hp to turn them. High Hp sport cars come with 19's on the front and 20's on the rear. Shure 20's would look goofy on a race civic, but i was refering to a fully customized show car, wich hondas arent excluded.

I also prefer the beter traction , and handleing of 17's with low pro high performance tires.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
custom_junky said:
I agree 17's are perfect for any civic, now the weigh factor I learned isnt too bad, a stock steelie weighs about 18 lbs and hell most 17's weigh around 20-23 lbs, not that much more weigh..... but dubs on a civic..... maybe a show car but daily driver=NO

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love 92-95 hatchbacks that lay body. I also saw a 88-91 4door tubbed out on some large 18's or something. I was thinking maby get some airclyinders or something? Project car though.

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
s_18 said:
I really don't want to see it... You probably don't want to hear this, but 20" is WAAAY to big for a small Civic.
IMO 17" is a little bit too big, 18 is streching it even a little more too long, and all above that is just totally pointless (and ugly)...

Sorry for that irrelevant talk, but I just had to say it...
:TU: I really would not want to see a civic with 20's on it either!!!

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
I'd like to get a set of 17's for my EJ1 but I can't justify the cost for good lite ones (under 20lbs) So I'll stickto my paid for 15's.

As for dubs, leave them to the box chevy crowd

W

·
0 Posts
rota rims are what i have light weight and nice lookin come in ALL sizes. lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts