Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't really scene what I'm looking for. I know I can load two .bins, but how to select which one is presently running the car. Thought I'd ask here first.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i'll give the secret. a 512 chip looks exactly the same as a 256 chip except for 1 pin. (Pin 1 if I remember right). This pin when at 0V will only let the ECU read "page 1" or the first 256K of memory. When you put the pin at 5V, the ecu will only read "page 2" or the second 256K of memory.

Now, in a stock ECU, that pin is always going to be at 0V (or 5V... i don't remember). So it will always be at one of the pages. But if you bend the pin out, so it doesn't sit in the socket, you can attach a switch that either connects it to ground (0V) or 5V. Then the switch will let you flip from page 1 to page 2... while the car is running. (your ROMS have to have all the same code except for maps and certain parameters... ex. you can't run a crome and an uberdata rom together, but you can run two different crome roms as long as they use the same base code.)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
makku said:
i'll give the secret. a 512 chip looks exactly the same as a 256 chip except for 1 pin. (Pin 1 if I remember right). This pin when at 0V will only let the ECU read "page 1" or the first 256K of memory. When you put the pin at 5V, the ecu will only read "page 2" or the second 256K of memory.

Now, in a stock ECU, that pin is always going to be at 0V (or 5V... i don't remember). So it will always be at one of the pages. But if you bend the pin out, so it doesn't sit in the socket, you can attach a switch that either connects it to ground (0V) or 5V. Then the switch will let you flip from page 1 to page 2... while the car is running. (your ROMS have to have all the same code except for maps and certain parameters... ex. you can't run a crome and an uberdata rom together, but you can run two different crome roms as long as they use the same base code.)
hell ya!! awesome info Lee!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
So like I could have my high MPG tune on page one, then when AKSC is engaged via the AC switch the ECU flips to page 2 with a boost map AND engages the AKSC clutch at 65% throttle??????

Is it really that easy?????

Blundell thinks so :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. That is more direct info than I'd found in almost two days. Lee is the man. Xenocron's got a prefab setup on the above link, but $30 is a little steep.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
transzex said:
So like I could have my high MPG tune on page one, then when AKSC is engaged via the AC switch the ECU flips to page 2 with a boost map AND engages the AKSC clutch at 65% throttle??????

Is it really that easy?????

Blundell thinks so :)
sounds like you have a plan brewing in your head :razz:

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
decev said:
Awesome. That is more direct info than I'd found in almost two days. Lee is the man. Xenocron's got a prefab setup on the above link, but $30 is a little steep.
$30 isn't too bad for a slick little board like that. But if you're clever, you can easily use a resistor, a couple of wires, and a switch from radioshack to accomplish the same thing. I did it for a couple of people before... not as pretty but it works :)

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
that ac stwich trick doesnt seem like a bad idea.... light on means mad tyte jdm performance is on

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
nope, just killing stupid thoughts over there............I do have a CX manifold sitting here, might go a low boost HMT someday :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts