Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to be able to enable and disable my launch control in neptune.

the only way i can get it to work is using mph based and it works fine but the problem is when i dont want launch control on like when i go to do my burn out at the strip i want to rev higher then what i launch at so i have to click it on the laptop to enable/disable the 2 step.

what i want to do is put in a switch like i have 3 that are doing nothing.

id like to be able to make one of those enable and disable the 2 step.

anyone now if thats possible and what way it should be wired to do that?

you may be thinking "why not just use the AC or Clutch switch".

i dont have AC the car never has but i tried to use that button but it didnt ever work.

and the car was swapped from auto to manual and doesnt have a clutch switch. so im trying to figure out a better way of doing it.

i feel like i ay be able to tap into the AC wire and do it but im not wure how to complete the circuit to make it work as the ac cable is just one wire.

the car is a 97 hatch with a y8. using a jumper harness with p28 ecu. using neptune.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Run one wire from the switch to ground

Run the other to the a/c switch input on your ecu (obd1 pin b5)

Enable your launch control in your software to your a/c switch
so all it does is goes to a ground? easy enough. ill give that a shot tonight and see where i end up at. thanks man!

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay so that worked well.

just set it to use cluch input to enable changed the clutch input to ac and wired b5 to one of my switches.

weird thing though. when i turn it on my idle goes up to 2k. here watch the video.

20140619 195152 - YouTube

im from holland isnt that weird?

im not too concerned with it as it will only be used at the drag strip. but if anyone knows how to correct it im all ears.

thanks for the help with the rest of it.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
LOL

Oh yeah, I forgot about how the ecu will bump your idle to compensate for the a/c compressor.

You could try the clutch switch input or maybe VTP

There may be a way to disable the idle up on a/c. I'm not sure though.

I watched the video and its a bit strange how much it idles up, that doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh that makes sense that its trying to compensate for the AC

well it bumps it 1k. not sure what common place would be though. ill look around neptune to see if there is a way to disable that.

the reason i dont want to use the clutch switch is cuz my wire harness doesnt have that nor does my adapter harness. i didnt want to add a wire as i have no crimp ends to put on them.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
lol didnt think of that.

i dont have a good brain.

but i did find in neptune under "extras" there is an AC cut off. and you can adjust the "rpm recover" i havnt dicked with it in the car yet but im sure a swift keystroke will fix my problem there.
B7 is always a good input to use as well. Unused under many circumstances.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts