Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys lil help here, 1st what motor comes in a 95 ex coupe? what is a good all motor setup w/o doin :mikej: a mini me?

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
it is a d16z6 which is already vtec so there is no reason to do a minime conversion.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Wouldn't you do a mini-me to increase compression?

Before we get too far down this road, why don't you let us know how much you are planning on spending? N/A d16z6 isn't cheap if you want a lot of power...

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
best all motor build is one that has low comp and a turblower.. lol
all motor sohc is expensive for not very good gains, turbo hands down for power

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe like 150 to the wheels or if i could get 2 i would love to rep for the single cams but ive thought bout gettin a b18b and boostin sorry for mentionin b-series guys:mikej:

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
just go turbo and be done with it

it will be cheaper and youll be happier

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
id do the basics first, intake, header, exhaust. then if u want to u can do the edelbrock intake manifold, get a comp cam for it, but if u wanna see a good gain out of that do some more head work on it. dont forget to put a good clutch in it, and get hondata or neptune.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
if ur gunna put in the B18 then send me ur Z6 so i can throw it in my car :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was gonna buy a z6 or a b18 but i want what is gonna give me the most power for good money na mean? i dun want to spend buku money and get a 10hp and 10torque gain

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
man at 10 pounds on ur Z6 u should push right around 200whp, and u already have that motor, but if u wanna get a ls, then a tranny, then the linkage, then the mounts, axels, harness, ecu and a clutch.... ur close to ur turbo kit on ur single cam, and then u gotta buy turbo stuff for the B series which is a good pretty penny more than the D series

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i was gonna buy a z6 or a b18 but i want what is gonna give me the most power for good money na mean? i dun want to spend buku money and get a 10hp and 10torque gain
then n/a is not for you;) lol. Just build a HMT kit for your z6 (easily less than a grand...), have a ~200whp d-series, whoop on n/a B's, be happy:TU:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i agree dude, just go boost. i had a 93 si with a 00 gsr swap, intake, 4-1 header, full exhaust, no cat, completly gutted with some other little things here and there. my best time on that was a 9.54 in the 1/8th, and a turbo Z6 kept beating me. do u know how embarrised i was

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i just want the most for what money i want to spend i can get a z6 and an ls for the same price so what should i do anyone have number sheets for both of these so i can do my own research

1 - 20 of 22 Posts