Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat r the benefits of porting and polishing ur engine ?
How can i beat my friends celica(2001 gt ) we havent race yet but i think hell win me,wat do u guys think ?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
what engine do you have and what mods have you already made.
you port the head. and intake. but i dont think a stock engine is going to see alot of gainf from a port job.

·
Registered
222 Posts
HMMMM interesting topic, i have the same set up, z6 port n polish, springs n retainers, comp cam stage 1, AEM cam gear, port match on the IM,I/H/E, and i got a friend that has a 2000 GTS celica, and hes tellin me that the GTS makes 180hp and the celica gt's make like 140hp? i thought they both made 180hp, its just the GTS had a 6spd tranny? Sorry about hijackin the thread yo! Any info will be super helpful!

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
thankz bro 2 be honest .im not gonna race him now.so can u please tell me wat mods to put on my car so i could beat his ass
coughspraycough

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
mmmmmmbaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....!

ppppssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....!

get that right and i'll buy ya a coke..!

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
ex tranny d16y8 head or d16z6 head convert to obd1

celica gt's are slow the gts's are pretty quick

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
First off, skater, is that a spare tire in your avatar pic?! I can't take you seriously with a spare tire on, unless you say you were saving wieght for drag :D:D:D lol

Seriously, Celica's are HEAVY. 2800lbs for the gt is I'm not mistaken, so you have the weight advantage. Your main problem is if you are running the DX tranny, get the EX tranny and you should notice a difference.

Other than that, you would have to ask someone else. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First off, skater, is that a spare tire in your avatar pic?! I can't take you seriously with a spare tire on, unless you say you were saving wieght for drag :D:D:D lol

Seriously, Celica's are HEAVY. 2800lbs for the gt is I'm not mistaken, so you have the weight advantage. Your main problem is if you are running the DX tranny, get the EX tranny and you should notice a difference.

Other than that, you would have to ask someone else. :D
bro they r not spare tires..lol they r stock 14 (hxs rims painted black)

dx tranny ,i drive a 1998 honda civic hx (d16y5)

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
bro they r not spare tires..lol they r stock 14 (hxs rims painted black)

dx tranny ,i drive a 1998 honda civic hx (d16y5)
LOL, my bad. Looked like a spare tire on the back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts