Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Integra LS and a 94 Del Sol VTEC that both pull to the left. I've tried different tire combinations and even offset pressures, both have had stock & modified suspensions w/o change, both have had their alignments checked.

The Integra has also had the rack changed (with different tie-rods and rod-ends) w/o a change. Both appear to have decent lca bushings, and all ball joints are good. I've also swapped knuckles on the Integra, then different calipers after that to no avail. Both had this problem before & after removing & looping the P/S racks. Both use the same Integra-style P/S rack since the VTEC model came from the factory with an Integra x-member.

Any ideas what could be happening? My 95 EJ1 & 92 EH1 drive straight as an arrow in comparison, both with looped P/S and a GSR rack on the EH1. :wacko:

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
An alignment printout can be broke down to show where a vehicle will pull also where what tires wear.

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Cars are aligned to pull left, correct?
To compensate for the crown in the road.
That's what I've been told. Maybe yours pulls a bit too much.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
radial tire pull? swap the front tires side to side and test drive. If it changes at all its in the tires

possible bad brake hose?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Post up the alignment befores and afters and we can take a look.

Just learned all of this in school.
Honestly if you can post it up, I will explain every detail to you on why its pulling that way and how you can fix it.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The printout showed everything w/in spec & even side to side. I did my own string alignment and the tech said it was closer than his coworkers would get, except it had a bit toe-out in front. I've since tried zero & negative front toe, as well as adding toe to individual corners. Yes bone, I've looked at all corners.

I've actually put the Integra on jackstands & ran it at different speeds up to 60mph to see if one of the brakes was dragging. Initially one of the pads was twisted, but after swapping to different calipers & new pads/rotors it stayed the same.

I will post the alignment specs later tonight, I think I can still find the printout. It was done at a Sears using their laser alignment. Car wasn't too low either. The del sol is actually on the original OEM VTEC suspension. I don't care much about it, but I mention it because it started doing this after owning it for 2 years.

One thing to note, if I straighten it out then let go of the wheel, any bump in the road will twist the wheel to the left a bit until it's in "full pull". It pulls enough to corner a gradual bend on a 65mph freeway w/o any steering input.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
a little negative toe is actually good

Honestly it sounds like the same symptoms as a bad bearing plate. But our cars dont have those. How are your cv joints?

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Dry ball joint causing memory steer.

If u can get it up on a rack (drive on lift, not a two post) rock the vehicle back and forth with the brake pedal applied and see if any of the bushing are bad, or if the ball joints are moving

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
You'd have to explain "detacoed", and I'm not sure about the teg corner weights. I forgot to mention the teg has eibach sportlines on orange tokicos, but so does my EJ1 w/o issue. The del sol has aged non-oem CV's that don't vibrate, while the Integra has had fresh Raxles since day one - before the problem.

I've experienced a bad bearing plate on a macphucksen frontend and it's not far from that. I bought the integra with new skunk2 UCA's.

I'm starting to think it's all bushing related, but I can't see or feel any problems when I have the cars jacked in the air. I've got a shitload of cinder blocks, so I may elevate the car on a big lineup of bricks and set up a vid camera & rock it with the brakes on.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Camber causes more of a pull then toe does, it works just like how a bike leans into a turn. What ever side has the most POSITIVE camber, that is the direction of the pull (even if its within spec).

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
Post up the print out, the first one of us to look at it that's done alignments regularly will be able to at least spot the outlier. Maybe you need to get adjustable rear upper control arms? When I use to work as a tech we would always test drive the car at 30mph and at 60mph, and most people would come right back if it was out and I would normally get a senior ase to help me out if I couldn't figure it out immediately. All I am getting at is, go to another alignment shop, get a quote/check, and a print out (its free for an alignment check at most tire shops).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts