Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
what kind of tuning place is this?? for one every tuner i know drives the car, 2 you never street tune a car and fucking blow throught all gears on a basemap, on basemaps which is an educated guess, per psi of boost they change the timing... to me it seems like it was it was stupidity that caused this, and you didnt change the fuel pump until it blew... DOES NOT MAKE SENCE... you can tell if it has a 255 in it, just by idling, and when you turn the ignition to prime the rail/lines, also on 12psi not that i would, but i dont think using 87 oct is gonna crack a sleeve, it was a tuning issue

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
what kind of tuning place is this?? for one every tuner i know drives the car, 2 you never street tune a car and fucking blow throught all gears on a basemap, on basemaps which is an educated guess, per psi of boost they change the timing... to me it seems like it was it was stupidity that caused this, and you didnt change the fuel pump until it blew... DOES NOT MAKE SENCE... you can tell if it has a 255 in it, just by idling, and when you turn the ignition to prime the rail/lines, also on 12psi not that i would, but i dont think using 87 oct is gonna crack a sleeve, it was a tuning issue
i guarantee they didnt just hop in and blow though the gears on a basemap lol

everytime ive tuned with them they just roll around for quite sometime before going into boost... they tuned my car, are building my car, and will be tuning it when its done lol

from what i have gathered the kid who owns the car is a fucking moron... the car was previously boosted. all he came to them was to tune it at a higher psi... he denied their advice once and blew the hg.... they helped him out afterwards... and he again didnt listen to them...

if you cant see that its negligence on the owner of the vehicles part.. your really looking to far into this lol

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
agreed. one pull should not have killed an engine, even if it was on 87 octane. what the prior condition of the block was is something i can't attest to but there seriously needs to be some thought put into this. this is why you always double triple check your shit and start small.

i street tune a few of my friends cars (obviously does not make me an expert but i know a thing or two or three ;) ) and when i sit in the car i tell them: "ok start off part throttle UNDER 3k, and don't you dare go over it till i tell you". then above 3k part thorttle, then a few lbs of boost, then stock gate boost, then whatever boost they want.

you're probably thinking yada yada yada i know all this but this is how shit happens, you think you know everything and you probably know a lot, but it makes you skip over the simple stuff. be more careful for your customer's sake, as well as your shop's reputation. goodluck in the future.

just my .02

-Luke

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
i guarantee they didnt just hop in and blow though the gears on a basemap lol

everytime ive tuned with them they just roll around for quite sometime before going into boost... they tuned my car, are building my car, and will be tuning it when its done lol

from what i have gathered the kid who owns the car is a fucking moron... the car was previously boosted. all he came to them was to tune it at a higher psi... he denied their advice once and blew the hg.... they helped him out afterwards... and he again didnt listen to them...

if you cant see that its negligence on the owner of the vehicles part.. your really looking to far into this lol
didnt he say the very first pull??? yeah... i guess you cant see the part that he changes all his posts, and also that he changes fuel pumps at the end after it blew.. also a tuning place usually checks the compression.. also goes over EVERYTHING before tuning... guess you dont know... because a tuner doesnt jump in a car and start runnning it.. also good tuners dont let the owner drive... you sit there and watch and pray that your motor will make it throught the stress they put it through..

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
so curiosity got the best of me and i made a phone call..

basically what happened is the car was tuned for 6 psi.... WITH the walbro already installed the night before.... they had it at 12 psi and was just cruising doing some tuning out of boost, they get onto the highway or whatever headed to the auto store to pick up some plugs and to get 94 octane gas to replace the 87, there was like an 1/8th of a tank WHICH he tried to deny beforehand was in there lol

so against the saying of the tuner the kid just romps the fuck out of the car... at 12 psi untuned... so im sure you can see where this is going lol

it was smoking etc. and he decided to do another pull and it was detonating like crazy.. he took off again pretty much not listening and the next thing ya know the windshield was covered in coolant...

soooooooooooooo driver/owner negligence... lol

didnt he say the very first pull??? yeah... i guess you cant see the part that he changes all his posts, and also that he changes fuel pumps at the end after it blew.. also a tuning place usually checks the compression.. also goes over EVERYTHING before tuning... guess you dont know... because a tuner doesnt jump in a car and start runnning it.. also good tuners dont let the owner drive... you sit there and watch and pray that your motor will make it throught the stress they put it through..
i can see more than you know... lol but i can also pick up the phone and call the guy who was behind the laptop and in the car.... so thats what i did

·
Registered
6,966 Posts

basically what happened is the car was tuned for 6 psi.... WITH the walbro already installed the night before.... they had it at 12 psi and was just cruising doing some tuning out of boost, they get onto the highway or whatever headed to the auto store to pick up some plugs and to get 94 octane gas to replace the 87, there was like an 1/8th of a tank WHICH he tried to deny beforehand was in there lol

so against the saying of the tuner the kid just romps the fuck out of the car... at 12 psi untuned... so im sure you can see where this is going lol

it was smoking etc. and he decided to do another pull and it was detonating like crazy.. he took off again pretty much not listening and the next thing ya know the windshield was covered in coolant...

ok now that makes sence, the op was jumping all around and didnt make any sence.....

·
Registered
3,862 Posts

i can see more than you know... lol but i can also pick up the phone and call the guy who was behind the laptop and in the car.... so thats what i did
im not gonna start arguing with you jimmy... but he should have put all this info down saying that the kid didnt listen to them.. because they way he wrote everything down, and all the deleted posts, makes it seam like its the tuners fault.. thats all im saying....

the dohc zc motor that has been pushing 16psi on a t3/t4 .57 had never been pulled apart, the head has never been off the motor EVER since we had it... it has cam's thats the only time the head has been pulled apart up top, but no valvesprings... and the oil pan has been pulled to add the oil return...

what im trying to say... DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT CAUSES HEADGASKET FAILURES ON TURBO MOTORS? because i have never EVER had a problem blowing a headgasket on a turbo motor..... DETONATION can cause a bad headgasket.. because i seriously doubt he lifted the head at 6PSI which in terms means BAD TUNE :)

i mean, i am no tuning expert, i am not a professional, i did alot of homework and i read alot of peoples setups and seen their maps, ive learned how timing works and fuel works, but i know if your detonating enough at 6psi to blow a headgasket, then somethings wrong with the tune..

shit i used to run 87 octane at 14psi for 7 months... all you have to do is add a little more fuel and pull more timing in boost.. not too hard :)

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
yeah who knows, like i said no real tuner lets the owner of the car drive... plus the tuner from the shop was going with him to the store to get gas?? WTF that doesnt make sense lol.... so going to the store to get some gas is costing him 20 minutes if his tuning time to get gas..?? now thats expensive gas right there.... this thread is all jacked up you have 5 different stories to what happened... seems like lies to me and people are trying to cover the TUNERS mistake..

using 87 octane isnt going to crack a sleeve at 6-12 psi.... its the tuners mistake

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
yeah who knows, like i said no real tuner lets the owner of the car drive... plus the tuner from the shop was going with him to the store to get gas?? WTF that doesnt make sense lol.... so going to the store to get some gas is costing him 20 minutes if his tuning time to get gas..?? now thats expensive gas right there.... this thread is all jacked up you have 5 different stories to what happened... seems like lies to me and people are trying to cover the TUNERS mistake..

using 87 octane isnt going to crack a sleeve at 6-12 psi.... its the tuners mistake
You sir are a asshat and a noob

You come back and let me know when you have tuned 100+ cars and ANYTHING over 200hp....Then you may talk.:noway:

The only reason owner was driving was because i wasn't there to drive the car.
I am used to high hp fwd's and the tuner isn't good at high speed driving.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
lol yeah ok buddy... the tuner isnt good at high speed driving..??? ummmmmm ok... then why would he be considered a tuner if he cant tune a car through 4th gear..??? hmmmm i dont know you tell me dumb ass..

if you were such a great tuner his shit will still be alive

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.