Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see quite a few 3 inch downpipes. What power numbers would you see the benefit of 3 inch? 250hp or 300hp? Are there any guidelines to picking the size of your downpipe?

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
well while its a given that a 3 inch can flow more then a 2.5 you would be surprised at how much power can be made on a 2.5, a good example i can give you is my old CRX , it had a DSM turbo and they use a O2 housing and stock they are only around 1-7/8s inch opening i had mine ported out to close to 2 inch, then my exhaust was 2.5 the rest of the way back, and i made 305 whp and 265 tq, and ran mid 11s in the 1/4, many people was shocked when they heard and saw i did not have a 3 inch exhaust system.

·
Registered
554 Posts
the biggest guide line is space, but 3 in will do more than 300. if you have the space go for it by looking at you mods it seems you would benefit from the 3in
EDIT: in your mods list you spelled xenocron wrong

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well while its a given that a 3 inch can flow more then a 2.5 you would be surprised at how much power can be made on a 2.5, a good example i can give you is my old CRX , it had a DSM turbo and they use a O2 housing and stock they are only around 1-7/8s inch opening i had mine ported out to close to 2 inch, then my exhaust was 2.5 the rest of the way back, and i made 305 whp and 265 tq, and ran mid 11s in the 1/4, many people was shocked when they heard and saw i did not have a 3 inch exhaust system.
Thanks a ton! Thats exactly what i wanted to know. I think im gonna keep it simple with 2.5. Maybe go 3inch from the dp back?

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
if space allows it then you wont loose by doing it all 3 , but if you already have a 2.5 or space is tight then yeah you can go 2.5 to 3 , you just never want to go backwards like 3 to 2.5 .

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may as well do it all in 3"
Its gonna be atight fit in my del sol, with p/s and ac. And how much more power are you gonna make, and Im sure the 3inch is gonna affect the drivability some.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, good to know. Thank yous

1 - 10 of 10 Posts