Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if my car will run alright when I install the 2.5bar Motorola map sensor?

I'm finally getting it tuned this Friday and I'm going to prep my car on Thursday. I'm waay excited :3dbiggrin: oh and I did use the search button.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Nope, you need the settings in the .bin changed so everything works correctly. It'll have to go in at the shop unless you have the ability to make the change and burn a new chip.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
You can split the map wires to hook the 2.5 bar map sensor, but keep connected the oem map, then when you are on the shop, connect the 2.5 and disconnect the oem.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
You can split the map wires to hook the 2.5 bar map sensor, but keep connected the oem map, then when you are on the shop, connect the 2.5 and disconnect the oem.
bingo, mount everything, run the wires, and just unplug the stock map and plug the new one in.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Yup, I have my 3 bar spliced in. If you do this just be sure not to have more than one map sensor plugged in at the same time.

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea! Wouldn't the ecu wig out because it is receiving two signals?

Ninja edit: Oh wait, I think I know what you mean. Just don't hook up a vacuum hose right?

·
11,892 Posts

·
11,892 Posts
No, don't have more than one map sensor physically plugged in at one time. I spliced mine in and tried to start the car with both the 3 bar and stock sensor plugged into the harness and the car wouldn't start / ran like ass when it did start.

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooooh. Maybe I should just solder it in at the shop. Lol I'm not really pickin' up what your puttin' down. I didn't want to be that awkward guy trying to do a shitty solder on his map sensor with pink heat shrink lol.

·
11,892 Posts
Ooooh. Maybe I should just solder it in at the shop. Lol I'm not really pickin' up what your puttin' down. I didn't want to be that awkward guy trying to do a shitty solder on his map sensor with pink heat shrink lol.
Ok, you have two options when it comes to your map sensor:

1. Snip the oem plug off and solder in the plug for the 2.5 bar

or

2. Splice into the OEM harness so that you are able to run either then stock or 3 bar map sensor.

What I was saying is that if you do splice into the OEM harness for the 2.5 bar just be sure not to have both map sensors hooked up at one time. For example, I spliced the plug for my 3 bar into the OEM harness. Right now, on my car, the stock map sensor is hooked up and the plug for the the bar is sitting there waiting. Once I do plug the actual three bar sensor back into its plug (which again is already soldered into the OEM harness) then I need to unplug the OEM map sensor.

Your car is obd1 correct? If so, you have a TB mounted map sensor correct? If so, same principal applies but you will have to swap the map sensor on the TB itself.

Make sense?

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, you have two options when it comes to your map sensor:

1. Snip the oem plug off and solder in the plug for the 2.5 bar

or

2. Splice into the OEM harness so that you are able to run either then stock or 3 bar map sensor.

What I was saying is that if you do splice into the OEM harness for the 2.5 bar just be sure not to have both map sensors hooked up at one time. For example, I spliced the plug for my 3 bar into the OEM harness. Right now, on my car, the stock map sensor is hooked up and the plug for the the bar is sitting there waiting. Once I do plug the actual three bar sensor back into its plug (which again is already soldered into the OEM harness) then I need to unplug the OEM map sensor.

Your car is obd1 correct? If so, you have a TB mounted map sensor correct? If so, same principal applies but you will have to swap the map sensor on the TB itself.

Make sense?
Ahhh I see what you're saying. I got confused because the Motorola's don't have plugs, just 4 wires coming out of the sensor.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Ahhh I see what you're saying. I got confused because the Motorola's don't have plugs, just 4 wires coming out of the sensor.

Where did you get it from? We use a plug on our motorola 2.5 bar sensors that you can pull off, just be sure to put it back on the same way ;)

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where did you get it from? We use a plug on our motorola 2.5 bar sensors that you can pull off, just be sure to put it back on the same way ;)
I got it from phearable.com

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and the wires are soldered on or do they lead into a little black plug?
They look soldered on. There is black heat shrink around where the wires connect to the sensor and I don't want to pull hard enough to break it or something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts