Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
listen i got a honda d15b2 w/ a MPFI swap and i want to turbo it. my questions are what size turbo can i put on the motor without changing the internals?? i goin to change em but i want to see how it runs on turbo first. my second question is can i boost it B2 without switchin out the ecu? can i use the stock ecu??? i really only want about 6-8 lbs of boost. Can sum 1 help me please. i want turbo this motor as soon as possible

·
Registered
156 Posts
im tryin to do the same exact thing exept i have a stock z6 and i know u cant use a stock ecu without doin sumthin to it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Small a/r T3 (.43 or .47cold/.57 or.63hot) or an IHIRBH5 (Probe/mx6) would be a good choice for your app. As far as the ecu goes, which one are you using?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Small a/r T3 (.43 or .47cold/.57 or.63hot) or an IHIRBH5 (Probe/mx6) would be a good choice for your app. As far as the ecu goes, which one are you using?
i have a stock PG7 from a 89 teg. dats my ecu of choice. do i have to chip the ecu to run such a low PSI?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i have a stock PG7 from a 89 teg. dats my ecu of choice. do i have to chip the ecu to run such a low PSI?
Yes you do have to chip an ecu to run any type of boost. A search will tell you why. If I remember right, chipping those 88-89 pg7/pm6 are quite the pita, that is why it is best to get an 90-91 pm6 and have it chipped to run turboedit:TU:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts