Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well chipped my ecu and hit the track this weekend
come to find out the track was just repaved and it was the first night its been raced on
i only got 2 passes in and my best was
reaction .6509
60 ft 2.4900
330 ft 6.9111
1/8th mile 10.5
1/8th mile 67.86
1000 ft 13.5529
1/4 et 16.1732
1/4 mph 86.64

im really disappointed with my times but i was trapping about the same as guys who were running low to mid 15's but i just couldnt get ANY traction at all

also i must thank 5speed4life for helping me out with this shit, couldnt have done it without him, hes a standup guy.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
where did the EP go???
he finally found a serious buyer a couple weeks back I believe. Has some parts for sale still aye Jimmy?

Get ya some mount inserts (if you don't have em), and some slicks. Were you getting much wheel hop at all?

Man, I'm just not very good at drag-racing, at least not with a tree. If I do a roll run I can do tons better. Practice, practice!!

Sucks you only got 2 runs. Usually if I hit the local Tuesday night open drags early enough, and no one blows up or spills anything, we can get anywhere from 4 to 8 runs.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dealer bought my si back for next to nothing... long story i dont feel like getting into

i didnt get wheel hop bad on 1st run but my best run i had really bad wheelhop, caused somethign to go wrong with my battery or alternator so i thought so i didnt run anymore

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the tires i have arent that bad at all
falken ziex 512's 215/40... the track was just horrible for traction though being the first runs on it
a few evos were there and running way high 13's and low 14's, same thing with a lot of the dsm guys too
i think if i was somewhere else i could have hit low 15s easily maybe high 14's...
ive got my mind on afew different options right now and see where im gogin, but it isnt staying how it sits for long

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
So I wake up yesterday morning, with my roomate poking me in the ass. Im like WTF, then i turn over and it was JIMMY B!

It was fun to have Jimmy B up here.

The track was very slow to begin with. Last nite was the first time the track was open since being repaved. I was pullin [email protected] with my 12:1 ls crx.

I got 4 runs in between my tuning attempts. My laptop was being so ghey. i wanted to throw it on the track. I was lined up for my last run, and it got rained out. we were all pissed. Oh well.

Till next time Jimmy B.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Two things. . .One, you could basically work on anticipating the lights on the tree. Its a little hard to get used to. I jumped the gun a couple times the last time I went to the drags. Hopefully you'll be able to get your RT down to around .2 or .25 2nd, work on getting your 60ft times down to 2. I guess I'm wondering what rpms are you launching at?? I don't even know what would be a good rev for the D--and your particular setup. Hopefully someone will chime in or you could do a search on launching.

Also,
5speed4life said:
So I wake up yesterday morning, with my roomate poking me in the ass. Im like WTF, then i turn over and it was JIMMY B!

It was fun to have Jimmy B up here.
That sounds a little wierd. . .You guys didn't watch Brokeback Mountain the night before did U? J/K

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1st time i launched at 3500 and had massive instant wheelspin
2nd run i launched at 2800 and just chirped then mad wheelhop lol

i WILL be doing this again lol, its addictive!!!!!!!

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
not to bad... i look at the 1/8th mile tho. cuz ive never ran the 1/4. you could defenately bring your 60ft times down... my mph in the 1/8th was just slightly higher than yours. and i was running 9.9's which is approx. a 15.45. id say you can definately run a 15.99 or below. i agree, its so much fun i am going to go every other weekend

W

·
0 Posts
Rayden said:
Two things. . .One, you could basically work on anticipating the lights on the tree. Its a little hard to get used to. I jumped the gun a couple times the last time I went to the drags. Hopefully you'll be able to get your RT down to around .2 or .25 2nd, work on getting your 60ft times down to 2. I guess I'm wondering what rpms are you launching at?? I don't even know what would be a good rev for the D--and your particular setup. Hopefully someone will chime in or you could do a search on launching.
your reaction time should change your overall time by the way. lol

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
your reaction time should change your overall time by the way. lol
not at all. I can sit at the green lite for 5 min, and still run a 13 sec time.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
1st time i launched at 3500 and had massive instant wheelspin
2nd run i launched at 2800 and just chirped then mad wheelhop lol

i WILL be doing this again lol, its addictive!!!!!!!
launching to low, 15s or 14s and stickier tires

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
i think a 15.5 maybe at best with tires
i was sayin 15 or 14 inch rims w/ better tires lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts