Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I found a first gen rex its a non si so its carbed.....how hard is it to swap a fuel injected single cam vtec (d15B) in........or is it even worth spending 500 on the 1st gen rex in the first place.....I really dont know alot about these cars any help......i have looked at redpepperracing.com ....but still not exactly sure what is involved here.....and where you can even buy a mount kit........or should i just wait it out for an ef chassis?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The easiest way to start the swap is to get a `88 or `89 teg to grab most of the parts off of, or find a dead Si in a scrap yard and grab the harness to get you going. Then do the VTEC conversion however you choose to make it work.

You could also fab a harness yourself and go from there. If you decide on that route start with a `92-`95 Si or EX harness. I can't imagine that it would be easy, but I'm sure it's possible if you have the wireing diagrams for the CRX and whatever donar car you take the harness from in front of you.

·
Registered
344 Posts
a d15b is kindof hard to put in. you can get a full 88-89 integra harness, and get an obd0-obd1 harness converter. just takes a little wiring modification, and it should go in. you will also need to fabricate custom mounts for that motor. the only motors that will "bolt in" are the 86-89 integra d16a1, 84-87 crx/civic dx/hf/si motors. everything else either needs custom mounts made or bought.

other than that, you will need either an integra or crx si fuel pickup, lines, pump, filter for the conversion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts