Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only possible option that everyone is stuck with, regarding first gear, is the 3.250 ratio. Bense has come up with an ideal solution/ratio that would, as he has said before, make the D transmission on par, if not BETTER than the K-Series 6-Speed (Link). A 2.750 first and 1.944 second set would be awesome. There has to be a way to turn this idea into something that everyone can drop into their transmissions. Is there a problem with interest? (Not enough interested to provoke a company to consider producing something like this) Or is there a problem with people not being informed about the topic? (Not enough people have considered/seen such a plan/idea/possibility) Just throwing this up in the air, trying to stir things up. Maybe we can do something to get this piece made.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
Bense is 4-5 years behind and knows it,,,,

I know what is needed,,,,,,,,,you have the money?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, how much money are we talking about? I'm not interested in anything one-off. I'm wondering how we can get someone to start producing a part that anyone can buy. If it means that there needs to be an initial investment of some kind, maybe we could pool together, get a "make-us-a-non-crappy-1st-gear" fund going. Those that can't provide much support from their wallets can bombard with letters, emails, and phone calls. What do you have in mind, Transzex?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
Kaaz gearset......

We only need 1st and 2nd, 3-4 = ZC, 5th up to user.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, I see what you're saying. How much does the whole Kaaz setup run? Probably not cheap. All we need is 1st and 2nd! Damn it! How would you even start to design a new piece though? Someone would probably need to take the basic shape into some CAD program and redesign, and then that would be taken down to be machined. Sounds easy enough...when you oversimplify and ignore knowledge and hours required (oh, and cost...)...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it!!!!!!

I'd guess 2-2.5k

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
im kind of illiterate in the words of transmissions so in dumbass terms will some one explain to me what yaull are trying to do exactly?

·
Registered
949 Posts
im kind of illiterate in the words of transmissions so in dumbass terms will some one explain to me what yaull are trying to do exactly?
If we were to get a 2.75 1st gear, and use mfactory 3/5 gears with a cable dx/std/zc final drive of 3.888, we'd have the same gearing as a K20R swap in a eg with an upgraded final of 5.062

basically, if we get a 2.75 first gear, we will have every gear we need to have one badass tranny :p

·
Registered
949 Posts
Also, I presented this idea to ATS, this is the email that I got in return:

I am sorry we do not make just one custom gear. We need about 50
orders to make a new gear.

Best regards,
Yasu / ATS ACROSS

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
50 Orders? Is there any way that 50 people could be convinced to jump on this opportunity? I don't know if everyone is really fully aware how awesome this could be. Anybody interested? At all?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
not gonna happen...........

there is always Jamie and he is $$$!!!!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
if only someone could do like a 10 of production run :p

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
I need to call my canuck......

Bense gonna love this idea.....

Machine down the first gear teeth on the mainshaft, use them for splines to hold on new first gear, then have a countershaft first custom made.......

Would only be about $1.

oh yeah, 39/12 to 36/13, 2.77 1st gear.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I need to call my canuck......

Bense gonna love this idea.....

Machine down the first gear teeth on the mainshaft, use them for splines to hold on new first gear, then have a countershaft first custom made.......

Would only be about $1.

oh yeah, 39/12 to 36/13, 2.77 1st gear.

*jaw drops

hm, now to find a 13 tooth D gear

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
damn... all you tranny guru's... lol.. that would be bad ass to have a tranny like that... i just dont see the point in spending as much on a tranny as it does to pretty much fully build a bottom end....

anyways.. keep up the good work:alky:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts