Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
94 EX coupe
132 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but it does beg the question why not a Z6 or Y8 head?

· Registered
2,296 Posts
You have to machine the seats to accommodate the new valves, and open up the ports as well.
This is a precision job requiring precision tools and knowledge, so get a shop knowing how, to do it.
The valve job is important in the quest for horsepower, so don't skimp on it.

· Registered
a car
869 Posts
i wouldn't do it...was going to get 1mm oversize myself but decided against ..it can actually choke up the motor if everything is not right..more valve shrouding for starters...money better spent getting a performance valve job instead

· Registered
2,296 Posts
Replace valve seats? No... The valve seats are a part of the head...
Bore valve seals? The valve stem is still the same thickness...

I don't quite get what you guys are asking about here...
I think you should take a look at what it actually looks like, before asking questions like this.

· Registered
46 Posts
I know that the valve seats are the part of the head but I saw that it can be changed. With bore the valve seats, I meant that you enlarge the iner diameter whitch is now for example 26mm.... and after it will be 27mm.

· Registered
1,380 Posts
I have +1mm Ferrea Valves, my valve seals are stock and I have no problems with the setup

· Registered
46 Posts
I ment to go with 78mm bore.... So it is good to raplace the valve seals.

The valve seats are just the metal rings which are pressed into the head. They must be bored out and then you can press the new one.

But thanks for the info eg4, so the stock seals works for you, but how did you do the angel job? Is it OK? How high you rev your engine?

· Registered
1,380 Posts
An local engine shop(germany) did the valve job. They said its no problem with the Honda valve seals. I rev to 7500rpm and had no problem, till an valve spring was broken. But the engine is running soon again. Only one valve was damaged

· Premium Member
1996 Civic Type DX
4,777 Posts
You can use the stock seats, but theres no point in going oversized if you can't do a good valve job (which is why you put new seats in).

Valve seals are not a problem. Just replace them when you do the build.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.