Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it'll work, what I want to ask is, is it worth doing or should I find a b16 instead..... cousin has rebuilt 13b from a 1g dsm he'll sell me for like $50....

should I ?

what's missing from this list....

rising-rate FPR
cheapo fuel controller <- like that one from homemadeturbo.com
tubing
fuel pump? <- do I need a bigger one?
Injectors <- do I need bigger ones, and if so from what?
boost gauge and manual controller

I only want it to push ALMOST what the bottom end can handle... how many psi would that be with my engine?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
go for it. after the cost of the b16 and everything, you'll wish you had spent the money on a turbo kit. check out the stickies at the top to give you some more info on what you'll need.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
well, just don't buy a boost controller. the 13b's are internally gated, right? so just don't fuck with it, and you'll be fine, until you can get the 850 or so to buy a jdm d15b vtec. then you'll have a turbo set-up already to go for it, and you'll be able to push it more!

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
well, it's probably gated at 7 or 8. if you really want to only have it at 5, there is a way to modify the internal gate, but i don't know the exact process.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
What's your budget like?
What kind of hp are u looking for?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
budget, what budget? Cheap is the name of the game... But I don't want it to fall apart or blow up, either.

I'd be happy (for like 15 seconds) with around 150-160 whp.

200 is a better number, though, and I don't think my d15 non-vtec block can handle that... correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
XxHON[n00b]DAxX said:
budget, what budget? Cheap is the name of the game... But I don't want it to fall apart or blow up, either.

I'd be happy (for like 15 seconds) with around 150-160 whp.

200 is a better number, though, and I don't think my d15 non-vtec block can handle that... correct me if I'm wrong.
160 yea u can do it, thats cake, (tune it buddy tune), im there daily and i rock the d15b7 (is this wat u got?) also
that 13 thing from the dsm is a good turbo for your app. ive seen it to perform well from exp. it dosent sound like u want to go over 200 so you'll be good, yea, uhh what else...

find a dsm and start grabbing parts, a guys hatch in my area was like half dsm from all the parts he pulled lol

so if u got a 1000 then boost it
>fuel pump nice ins. but u dont need it for 160hp
>bigger inj. a must (dsm 450 blue tops from that dsm i told you to lojack erlier)
>bov dsm (see above)
>eng management but i guess u can get away w/ the manual fuel stuff u got listed
>intercooler
>oil lines to provide oil to ur turbo
>the turbo manifold
>check valves n stuff
>also make a downpipe for ur turbo to ur cat, dont forget the o2 sensor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts