Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic DX Coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since high school I’ve always wanted a little Honda since most my friends had 90s era Hondas growing up. I’ve driven quite a few from ef with sohc vtec to a GSR dohc vtec. I had some extra cash and decided I wanted a little project car and found something for a great price. I picked up a 98 Civic dx coupe (5speed) with a D16Y7. Sounds great, runs great and no major body damage except a cracked front lip which didn’t bother me much since I plan on replacing the lip anyways. The car is bone stock except some rims that it has on it. I’ve already decided I’m going with a Mini-Me Build for this project. I already know I can get more out of a b series or K swap but since this is my first Honda projects just wanna work with what I got and try to restore the car at the same time do a fun little motor project that will get the car pulling just a little more. I spent just a little over 1k for the car running with clean title and looking to put in another $1500-$1800 for the head swap and other after market parts like pistons, valve springs, camshaft and gear etc.. I really want to know from those who own or have driven a D Series Mini me swap, wich head would be better on my Y7 block? The Z6 or the Y8?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,612 Posts
y8. get the proper ecu and wire vtec. done.

Reactions: BlkLytEj6

·
4,612 Posts
Ive done z6 on y7. y8 sensors will plug and play

Reactions: BlkLytEj6

·
4,612 Posts
p2p. google is faster than waiting on me to reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts