Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my civic has been acting up a lot recently
First it was I had the map and tps switched and fixed that easy but my problem still is occurring. When I start my car it starts just fine but when I rev it, it will rev fine 1 or 2 times. after that it will rev cut out, jump 500rpm from where it cut out (Say it cuts out at 3k it will jump to 3.5k) and backfire (sometimes shooting a flame)
I’m at a loss at what this could be, I’ve replaced my distributor, fuel pressure regulator, o2 sensor, fuel rail, spark plugs, wires, and I’m still having this problem

The car sat for about 3 months while I painted it and such but the from was occurring before I painted it

I scanned the car and it showed a p1298 (ELD) so I replaced that and the code still shows even after clearing it

My civic has 1320 uel headers w/bumper exit (so no cat)
Some mystery cam my buddy had in his old civic before it got totaled (rear end )
And forged internals

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,543 Posts
does it do it with another ecu?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,543 Posts
if you had 2 plugs swapped, you may have killed something in the ecu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you had 2 plugs swapped, you may have killed something in the ecu
I do t think I killed anything in the ecu but I’ll look into it
I started the car and let it idle for about 5-10 mins to let it heat up and I noticed some coolant leaking from where the iac bolts on the throttle body

I just recently did the y7 to y8 manifold swap, and had to take apart the iac as it wasn’t working properly so I did that and I may need a new seal for the iac or I might just RTV it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I checked my spark plugs today and man, they were covered in soot
I believe the car is running really rich, I plan on either cleaning them off or getting new ones, checking for vacuum leaks and checking all my wiring making sure everything it connected and no wires are causing it to short I’ll keep y’all updated on what happens

however a new problem recently started happening, it i rev the car it will cut out and if I keep my foot on the gas while it cuts up the car just kills itself, I scanned the car after letting it idle and it threw o2 sensor codes and the same ELD code I’m still at a loss for what’s going on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car also idles down between 250-500 now, it seems that there’s just another problem after another and I’m getting fed up at this point

1 - 8 of 8 Posts