Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I was doing some work and I was putting the starter back in, as I was tightening the positive cable down i tapped metal with the wrench and it sparked. My issue is everything works except the fuel pump won't prime. The engine even turns over with no issues. The CEL does not light up in the dash when the key is turned like normal. I have checked the fuel pump fuse along with several other fuses, I have swapped the relay and it did not seem to work. I am about to check the fuel pump to see if there is actually power getting to it, but so far I'm stuck on what to do. any ideas on what to check out? I can give more details if i need to

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
807 Posts
Check ALL the fuses in BOTH fuse blocks, either with a test light with key on, or manually pull them and check continuity with a dvom. After that look up the main relay pin out and test to be sure there is power at the places its supposed be with key in positions listed.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
main 80 amp fuse blown.

pop the fuse box lid off and check it.

Should be able to grab it at autozone or similar stores.

If not, grab a normal 100amp or 80 amp bolt on style fuse, and make it work.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
get into the car, turn the key 2 clicks to get the dashboard to light up, without cranking engine.

do you get a christmas tree of lights?

check fuses with a multimeter, not JUST visually

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get into the car, turn the key 2 clicks to get the dashboard to light up, without cranking engine.

do you get a christmas tree of lights?

check fuses with a multimeter, not JUST visually
no i dont get a christmas tree of lights, only the battery, oil pressure light come on, the cel is supposed to come until the fuel pump is done priming but it doesn't come on at all

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
then the ecu is not getting power, assuming it is not damaged in any way.

check fuses again. This time, also check for POWER getting to the fuse pins, of course, after removing the fuse you currently are checking

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: kinda forgot to say anything after continuing to diagnose the turd, but I believe i just fried the ecu. I test for power in the FPR wire fed by the computer, tested it at the fuel pump, and they are getting power. Then I was told by a wiring wizard that computer is fried, so I sliced a wire into the FPR wire out of the computer, hooked it up to a switch and hooked the other end to ground completing the circuit, and the fuel pump would actually prime, and the car started but still wouldn't run right(probably idled normal on cold start for about 2 seconds, then jumped up and misfired a bunch, I wouldn't let is run for more then 5 seconds) I did test fuse pins, checked all fuses, there is no problem there. I haven't been able to get my hands on a new ecu to just swap it out so im no 100% that the computer is fried, or if theres more then just the computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts