Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 ej8 & 95 eh9
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I'm driving my wife's sedan. Trying to figure out her car. When you change lanes, it feels like her tires turn correctly, but the chassis follows after. Doesn't feel like the car and steering are one, but like 2 different units... as if i don't have sway bars...

I don't have body roll, but feels like the wheels turn first, then the body follows after, like a late responce to the turn..

At first i thought it was her suspension ( Tein super street coilovers) i sent the front 2 in to Tein, but wanted $380 to over haul, so i bought new Koni Str.t (orange) with new Blackworks lowering springs ( all 4 wheels ) , did a new alignment, full Buddyclub camber kit with new upper ball joints , and BLOX extende lower ball joints..

what could it be?

I couldn't find a posting on this, but if there is, please post link..

Using mobile , so if image is large, sorry in advance

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
Double check every nut and bolt to make sure nothing came undone or loosened up. Make sure cotter pins are secured on the castle nuts. Check for broken tie rod. If you have shitty tires it can cause these symptoms as well. Lastly steering rack is probably loose too and could always use a tightening

·
Registered
97 ej8 & 95 eh9
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double check every nut and bolt to make sure nothing came undone or loosened up. Make sure cotter pins are secured on the castle nuts. Check for broken tie rod. If you have shitty tires it can cause these symptoms as well. Lastly steering rack is probably loose too and could always use a tightening
new falkens tires, my rack is leaking, and plan on changing it.. My turning ratio seems good. No play in my steering. ( power steering fluids is leaking )
I will check the tie rods, and rack...

Thanks for places to look..

·
Registered
97 ej8 & 95 eh9
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys. I'll post up my findings....
And no, not stanced , i like using all my tire tread.. =)
My cars are my dailies.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts