Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day D-series peeps,

I have a starting problem with my del slo. Its a type s with an si engine swapped by previous owner. When i bought the car it had a push start button to start the car still does. I found out my ecu was for an automatic and swapped it for a manual. Car still functions properly, but i cant seem to get it start with my key. I have to turn the key to the on position and the start it from the button. Ive checked my ignition switch and when i try to start it two of the 5 or 6 wires on the ignition switch dont have power. Ive already installed the correct ecu. Ive checked most my fuses and still cant get this problem resolved. When i try to start my car the power goes of for a few seconds then comes back right up. Ive researched as much as i can, and given up so here i am hoping someone can lead me into the right direction to solution thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Was the car auto then swapped to Manuel? Post pics of the push button start and how it's wired.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Things that could be your problem

Bad ignition switch

Bad starter relay

Bad clutch switch or not hooked up.

Are you getting 12 volts on the black/white wire on the ignition switch with key turned?

Find the starter relay make sure your getting 12 volts to both the black/white wires, then bypass the clutch switch by jumper both wires together,relay should click. Then make sure you have 12 volts going to black/red wire on starter relay after it clicks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked my ignition swithch and it has power in all wires. Once i put the key all the way in the start possition two of the six wires on the key ignition loose power. Once i get home ill chheck those. Ive tested my ignition switch but not 100% sure what i had to check other than it is getting power. The clutch sensor ive looked for it but its a tight fit so ill try again today. Ill let you know as soon as ive tested these problems. I appreciate the quick response!��

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
White/black is ing2 hot in run,meaning it only has power when car is running. Yellow is acc.

Next is relay and clutch switch.

I forgot to ask this do you have a good connection on the factory starter signal wire?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill check those two this afternoon once i get home. The relay switch is gonna be located by the starter?

I dont think it can be my distributor cause my car will start with the pushbutton start. So has to be with my ignition controls

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
The starter relay is located under the dash drivers side some where up high bolted to the body.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried jumping the relay and heard no clicks, couldnt get my hands on clutch switch tight space. I tried checking my cel and instead of my engine light flashing my SRS light blinked. It blinked one long blink and one short blink guess its code 11? This happened after i switched my auto p28 for a manual p28. I think ima have to pull out all my wiring to check my engine harness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I jumped my clutch swith with a paper clip an i heard it tick, its missing a thing too push the button i believe an my starter realy had no power what so ever. Can this mean its my starter relay?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
With the clutch switch bypassed and the factory starter wire hooked up does it turn over/start with the key?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No i just heard a clicking. Is there anyway or diagram of how to bypass my starter relay so i can see if it is the starter relay? While i jump my cluth switch. I have one quick question on my clutch swith when i push the clutch pedel down it doesnt reach my clutch switch, Does it have like a rubber boot or something on it to push the switch in? Cause if it does im missing it then

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Are you getting 12 volts to both the black/white wires at the starter relay? You can unplug the starter relay and give 12 volts to the black/red wire,this will tell you the the wire from the starter relay to the starter sol is good.

There is a rubber boot thing that should be there. You can also adjust the clutch switch...

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Ok that means the relay is getting power to both the terminals. The other two spots are for a ground from clutch switch and the other is the wire that goes out to the starter sol.

Plug realy back in,take a piece of wire and ground the little wire on the starter relay, it should click and you should be able to start the car with the key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got my car started! My starter was un plugged and my clutch pedal missing the rubber or plastic piece too push switch in. Thanks for all the guidance guys! Really appreciated it !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.